This year, kids will be asking to throw a superhero party for their birthday! My four-year-old is asking about some of my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe characters and I’m here to teach. A favorite in our house is the Hulk. Bruce Banner “AKA The Hulk” has some pretty cool moves, makes us laugh and we love that he’s big and green. Now is the perfect time to watch the Marvel movies in order and snack on these delicious Hulk Cupcakes as Avengers dessert idea.
They are easy to make and the kids have fun helping out too. You can purchase the Marvel Comics Ice Cube Mold from Amazon and they come together easily. Plus, once you have the mold, you can make all sorts of fun things for your party: ice cubes, candies, crayons. I think every Marvel fan needs this mold in their kitchen – for some heroic baking. I even used the other molds (see below) for other Avenger cupcake ideas.
I know these Hulk cupcakes will be a smash at your next superhero party – they taste as good as they look!
Avengers Dessert Recipe: Hulk Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the cupcake liners into the muffin wells. Combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites mixing well. Add in the several drops of the green gel food coloring and stir to combine.
Fill each cupcake well about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- Cupcake liners
- Green gel food coloring
- Purple gel food coloring
- White frosting, any brand
- 12 oz package of Wilton green candy melts
- Wilton 1M star frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Avengers silicone mold
- 12 count muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the cupcake liners into the muffin wells.
- Combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites mixing well.
- Add in the several drops of the green gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fill each cupcake well about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcakes around 18 minutes. If it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
- HOW TO DECORATE: Pour the Wilton green candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate into the Hulk fist section of the mold. Place in the fridge to set about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently pop the fists out of the silicone mold. Repeat this process until you have 16 fists total.
- Add a few drops of purple food coloring to the white frosting and stir to combine.
- Attach the star frosting tip to the disposable pi[ing bag and fill with purple frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the bag and onto the top of the cupcake in a circular motion. Place a Hulk fist on top. Repeat with all cupcakes.
I suggest purchasing 2 Avengers candy molds, in order to cut down on the candy making time.
Avengers: Infinity War Opens in Theaters April 27
Tickets are now available for purchase!
Pin For Later: