Grandma’s Frozen Brandy Alexander Pie
My Grandmother always had the best boozy baking recipes. This recipe is a throwback to the classic cocktail that was all the rage back in day. Creamy and delicious, this Frozen Brandy Alexander Pie has all of the flavor of the cocktail in an ice cream style pie. Plus, I promise that it’s super easy to make!
Related: No Bake Peanut Butter M&M Pie
What Is Brandy Alexander Pie?
A classic Brandy Alexander cocktail is made with cognac, creme de cacao and creme. It became popular during the early 1900’s. There’s a gin version called the Alexander that it’s based off of. My Grandmother loved drinking Brandy Alexander’s and this pie has all of the flavor.
The pie has a creamy ice cream consistency. The liqueurs used are creme de cacao and brandy. I think it’s light and refreshing – perfect with a cup of coffee for dessert.
While the recipe is super easy, there are even more recipe shortcuts that you can do:
- Use a pre-made graham cracker crust instead of making your own
- Use Cool Whip instead of whipping cream from scratch via heavy whipping cream
How To Make Frozen Brandy Alexander Pie
The two liqueurs that you’ll need to purchase are creme de cacao and brandy (you’ll be able to make a great chocolate martini later if you keep them stocked).
Preheat the oven to 200º. Combine 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers with a half stick of melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9″ pie dish and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
Note: If you decide to omit the baking, just use a pre-made graham cracker pie shell from the grocery store!
Combine sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, creme de cacao and brandy in a large bowl.
Gently stir until completely combined. It will look like a creamy liquid.
Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust. Freeze for 5-7 hours until the filling is firm. Garnish with chocolatey syrup and chocolate shavings (I used white chocolate shavings with chocolate syrup).
- 1 1/4 Honey Graham Crackers, Crushed
- 1/2 Stick Butter, melted
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream, Whipped
- 2 Tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- Shaved chocolate or syrup for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200. Combine crushed graham cracker and melted butter in a bowl. Press into a 9" pie dish and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool. (Skip this step if using a store bought pre-made pie crust)
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, whipping creme, creme de cacao and brandy in a large bowl. Gently stir.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Freeze for 5-7 hours or until firm. Garnish with syrup and chocolate shavings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 44gProtein: 6g
**Nutritional facts are calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.
Pin For Later: