You are what you eat, so eat something cute! I love these adorable 4th Of July Flag Oreos that are perfect for a party. I’m convinced that Oreo cookies are the most versatile cookies on the market because you can do so much with them. These are dipped in white chocolate and decorated like our flag – which makes them a darn cute 4th of July dessert option.
Don’t let the detail work scare you, because they are quite simple to make. Once you divide each section with piping work, you can follow the instructions for the rest. You can make a big batch and serve them on a nice patriotic tray.
I know kid will love these, but adults will find them delicious too. You may want an ice cold glass of milk for dipping – yum! I love these as part of a 4th of July dessert tray. Festive, right?
Looking for even more great 4th of July desserts? It’s my favorite summer holiday and I’ve got some favorite desserts that I love to make:
How To Make 4th of July Flag Oreos At Home
For this recipe, I’m going to show you how to make them using normal Oreos. However, if you can find the White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies – you can save yourself a step and you won’t have to dip the cookies.
If you’re dipping the cookies yourself, consider using a cylinder candy mold for the perfect round shape! Once the chocolate dries, the cookies just pop right out! Or just dip by hand, like you see in the instructions below. Any of those three options are great.
How To Make Your 4th Of July Oreos Ahead of Time
I love this dessert because you can make the cookies ahead of time and there’s no baking required. They just need about 20 minutes to set – like all chocolate does. So make the cookies at least an hour ahead of an event or the night before.
If you’re transporting the cookies, keep them flat on a plate to avoid stacking them. If the cookies need to be stacked, place a sheet of wax paper in-between the cookie layers. This will help prevent the design from any damage.
Tips For Dipping Oreo Cookies Into Melted Chocolate
Dipping cookies aren’t difficult, but it can take some practice. The easiest way to make these cookies is to buy the Oreos that are already dipped in white chocolate OR use the silicone candy molds. If you’re making them by hand (as I show in the photos below), here are some tips:
- Candy melts are better than white chocolate chips. Chips can seize in the microwave. I like to use Wilton White Candy Melts.
- Have parchment paper lined cookie trays ready to go before melting. You have to work quickly.
- Use a plastic fork to lower the Oreos into the melted chocolate.
- Be sure your white chocolate is set before adding your flag design on top. Place the cookies in the fridge to set quicker, if you’re in a time crunch.
How To Store Leftover Dipped Oreo Cookies
Place the cookies in an airtight food storage container. If you’re stacking the cookies, place sheets of wax paper in-between the cookie layers. For best freshness, enjoy the cookies within 5-6 days of making them. Do not expose the cookies to direct heat to prevent melting.
Can You Freeze Leftover Oreos?
Yes! If you want to enjoy the cookies later, freeze them. Place the cookies in a freezer bag and keep it towards the back of your freezer. Freeze the Oreos for up to 3 months. Let them thaw for 10 minutes on the countertop before enjoying again.
What You Need From The Grocery Store:
- Oreo Cookies
- White Candy Melts
- Blue Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
- White Candy Pearl Sprinkles
- Tools: Parchment paper, Piping Bags
Step-By-Step Directions To Make 4th Of July Flag Oreos
Dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate letting any excess drip off. Place the Oreo onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet and transfer the sheet to the freezer for 10 minutes.
Heat your blue candy melts and red candy melts in separate bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour each into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the bottom of each bag.
Use the melted blue candy decorating bag to draw a triangle onto the top left corner.
Then top with the pearl sprinkles.
Use the melted red candy decorating bag to draw stripes.
Fill in-between the red stripes with more red piping. Let the chocolate harden and enjoy!
- Oreo cookies
- 2 cups white candy melts
- 1 cup light blue or blue candy melts
- 1 cup red candy melts
- White candy pearl sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Piping bags
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Heat your white candy melts in a small bowl on 50% power in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate letting any excess drip off.
Place the Oreo onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet and transfer the sheet to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Heat your blue candy melts and red candy melts in separate bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour each into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the bottom of each bag.
- Use the melted blue candy decorating bag to draw a triangle onto the top left corn of each white Oreo and top with white pearl sprinkles.
- Use the melted red candy decorating bag to draw stripes.
- Let the chocolate harden and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.