Have you ever seen an elephant fly? I love watching Dumbo and it’s a classic Disney movie that I still enjoy with my kids today. It’s been a beloved movie for generations and I’ve got the perfect Dumbo recipe for your family movie night! This Dumbo Inspired Snack Mix is easy to throw together and perfectly themed.
Plus, I’m sharing a FREE Printable Dumbo Popcorn Bucket that you can serve your snack mix in! It’s a cute snack to serve for a movie night, birthday party or even a baby shower!
Let’s face it, those cute adorable ears make Dumbo one of our favorite Disney characters. He’s loved by kids and adults. The animated Dumbo movie is a classic that every Disney fan should watch, and the live-action Dumbo movie from 2019 is a fun twist!
The snack mix is inspired by visiting the circus. Popcorn is one of our favorite snacks to munch on when we visit the circus, so it’s fitting that it’s a part of this Dumbo Inspired Snack Mix!
Anyone can throw this recipe together and it looks like you paid for it, with the printable dumbo popcorn buckets! Nobody will know that you threw this together in minutes.
Looking for even more great movie-themed recipes? I love family movie night and here are some of my favorite movie-themed recipes:
How To Make Your Dumbo Snack Mix
All you need to make your Dumbo Snack Mix is a mixing bowl. You’ll throw all of the ingredients together and it only takes minutes. Then, for your Printable Dumbo Popcorn Buckets, I’ll show you the best way to print them so they’re perfect!
When To Make Your Dumbo Inspired Snack Mix
I love making this recipe for a road trip snack (especially if you’re headed to Disney Parks – watch Dumbo in the car), for family movie night, a birthday party or a baby shower. Find inspiration from this beautiful Dumbo birthday party and this cute Dumbo Baby Shower. The possibilities are endless! I serve mine with my Dumbo Snack Mix for a complete theme!
How To Keep Your Snack Mix Fresh
Store any leftover Dumbo Snack Mix in an airtight food storage container. This will keep the popcorn fresh. Enjoy the snack mix within 4-5 days of making it, for best freshness. Do not freeze the snack mix.
How To Make Your Dumbo Snack Mix Ahead Of Time For A Party
Follow the directions to make your snack mix and print your popcorn buckets. You can make the snack mix the day prior to any event. Do not put the snack mix in the popcorn buckets until just prior to your party. This will keep the popcorn buckets sturdy.
Dumbo Family Movie Night Recommendations
When we have a family movie night, themed recipes are a must! The kids love the themed snacks and this Dumbo recipe is so much fun. Afterwards, we talk about the movie. Here are some Dumbo conversation starters, with lessons from the movie:
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: To many, Dumbo’s large ears were the punchline of a joke. But to a mother, Dumbo was perfect.
- Friends can be found in the most unlikely places: A circus mouse and a baby elephant are perhaps the oddest of couples, but together, they share a uniquely supportive and encouraging relationship.
- You can always change your story: Dumbo was dealt a fairly grim hand, but with a healthy dose of creativity, a supportive crew of crows and a mix of faith and hard work, he rose above his circumstances.
What You Need To Make Dumbo Inspired Snack Mix:
- Popped Popcorn (I prefer bagged popcorn so the kids can make the recipe)
- Vintage Candy Peanuts
- Wilton Turquoise Small Candy Melts
- Red M&M Candies
How To Make Dumbo Snack Mix & Print Popcorn Buckets
I recommend using White Card Stock with your printer. This is much more sturdy than traditional copy paper. It will hold better and last longer. Print your popcorn buckets in color and fold the creases really well by pushing down.
Materials Needed To Print Your Popcorn Bucket:
How To Fold Your Dumbo Popcorn Bucket
To make your Dumbo popcorn bucket, click the link BELOW and download the file. Save the file to your desktop or bookmark the URL to this page to print it again in the future.
Carefully cut around the template and fold the sides. I like to firmly press as I fold to create concise corners. Use clear tape to secure the sides and bottom.
- 6 Cups Popcorn (I prefer pre-popped bagged popcorn)
- 1 Cup Vintage Candy Peanuts
- 1 Bag Wilton Turquoise Small Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Red M&M Candies
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl to create your Dumbo inspired snack mix. If you're using microwave popcorn, make sure it's completely cooled before adding the candy and chocolate pieces.
2. Serve and enjoy as a family! It's the perfect excuse for a family movie night.
Serve your Dumbo Snack Mix in the printable Dumbo Popcorn Buckets for the ultimate themed snack! Store any leftovers in airtight food storage containers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.