Family Night: Printable Dumbo Popcorn Bucket
Have you ever seen an elephant fly? I can’t wait to take the family to see Disney’s live-action Dumbo, which hits theaters March 29th. It’s been a beloved movie for generations and we’re catching up with the 1941 classic animated Dumbo before watching the new one. To celebrate the upcoming film release and properly introduce my kids to the characters, I’ve created this FREE printable Dumbo popcorn bucket. It’s the perfect excuse to plan a special family movie night!
It’s super easy – just download the template below, tape your popcorn bucket together and fill it. Plus, I’m sharing a Dumbo inspired snack mix recipe that the kids can make by themselves.
Related Post: Dumbo Inspired Elephant Ears With Chocolate Feather
Why You Should Take Your Kids To See Dumbo
I love the underlining themes of Dumbo and there are three important life lessons in the storyline. If there was ever a reason to take your kids to see Dumbo this spring, these lessons are the reason why. Check out my favorites below!
When we have a family movie night, I always like to discuss the movie afterwards too. Here are some conversation starters:
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: To many, Dumbo’s large ears were the punchline of a joke. But to a mother, Dumbo was perfect.
- Friends can be found in the most unlikely places: A circus mouse and a baby elephant are perhaps the oddest of couples, but together, they share a uniquely supportive and encouraging relationship.
- You can always change your story: Dumbo was dealt a fairly grim hand, but with a healthy dose of creativity, a supportive crew of crows and a mix of faith and hard work, he rose above his circumstances.
FREE Printable Dumbo Popcorn Bucket + Dumbo Snack Mix
To make your Dumbo popcorn bucket, click the link above and download the file. It’s recommended to print your popcorn bucket on high quality white card stock paper. Normal printer paper will make a flimsy bucket and won’t stand as well.
Carefully cut around the template and fold the sides. I like to firmly press as I fold to create concise corners. Use clear tape to secure the sides and bottom.
What You Need To Make Dumbo Inspired Snack Mix:
- 6 Cups Popcorn (I prefer bagged popcorn so the kids can make the recipe)
- 1 Cup Vintage Candy Peanuts
- 1 Bag Wilton Turquoise Small Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Red M&M Candies
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl to create your Dumbo inspired snack mix. If you’re using microwave popcorn, make sure it’s completely cooled before adding the candy and chocolate pieces.
Serve and enjoy as a family! It’s the perfect excuse for a family movie night.
Dumbo Opens In Theaters Everywhere March 29th!
Follow Dumbo on social media: