Kids love special treats and they love them even more when they can make the treats themselves. These Polar Bear Pretzels are the cutest winter snack for kids and will cure any winter blues. They’re adorable, fun and unique. Polar Bears are perfect for any winter theme and go beyond the holiday season.
Sometimes you just need fun things to get you through the long winter months, after the holiday season has passed. Our family looks to indoor kitchen fun, games and crafts. Make these Polar Bear Pretzels and theme an entire afternoon around learning about real polar bears. Or serve them at a party.
There are so many fun ways to incorporate these Polar Bear Pretzels as a winter snack. Prep them ahead of time, to serve them at a party. Or let the party be all about making the snack itself! Get creative and cure your winter blues with a little bit of fun themed food.
Looking for even more great snack recipes? Here are some of my favorite that are easy to make:
How To Make Polar Bear Pretzels: Winter Themed Snack
There’s practically no technique to make these! I love to use a tall glass cup to place candy melts in. It will cover the entire pretzel length (or almost all of it), without making a mess. Just use your microwave to melt the candy melts – it’s super easy to do.
More Winter Themed Snack Recipes To Make
If you want even more fun winter snacks to make, if you’re having a party, then I’ve got some great ones to add to your polar bears. I love my No-bake Penguin Cookies and this Snowflake Snack Mix is another one to add to the list. To drink, make this Non-Alcoholic Snow Punch! You can make an entire party themed around winter snacks and activities!
While these polar bear snacks are great for kids, they can also be used for any winter fun: holiday class parties, birthdays or even baby showers. I also love the idea of making them, with the kids, during a snow day!
How To Keep Your Polar Bear Pretzels Fresh
After your polar bears have set, transfer them to an airtight food storage container. If you need to stack your pretzels, place sheets of wax paper in-between the layers. Keep the pretzels away from direct heat. For best freshness, enjoy the Polar Bear Pretzels within 5-6 days of making them.
What You’ll Need From The Grocery Store:
- Pretzels Rods
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Bright White Wilton Candy Melts
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips
Directions To Make Polar Bear Pretzels
In a tall glass, melt the white candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth and completely melted. Dip each pretzel rod into the glass, making sure it’s completely coated in chocolate.
Sprinkle with shredded coconut and lay on parchment paper.
Place a white Wilton candy melt at the tip of the pretzel rod.
Use some of the melted white chocolate to attach the halved mini marshmallows on each side of the candy melt for ears.
Place a chocolate chip in the center of the melt for a nose. Cut off the top of 2 chocolate chips to create eyes (or you can use black decorating gel).
Allow chocolate to harden for at least 30 minutes. Serve up these cute treats!
- 12 Pretzel Rods
- 1/2 Cup Miniature Marshmallows (Cut In Half)
- 8 Ounces White Wilton Candy Melts
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Tools: Parchment Paper & Tall Glass
1. In a tall glass, melt the white candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth and completely melted. Dip each pretzel into the glass, making sure it's completely coated in chocolate.
2. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and lay on parchment paper.
3. Place a white Wilton candy melt at the tip of the pretzel rod.
4. Use some of the melted white chocolate to attach the halved mini marshmallows on each side of the candy melt for ears.
5. Place a mini chocolate chip in the center of the melt for a nose. Cut off the top of 2 chocolate chips to create eyes (or you can use black decorating gel).
6. Allow chocolate to harden for at least 30 minutes. Serve up these cute treats!
- Place the Polar Bear Pretzels in an airtight food storage container and enjoy within 5-7 days of making them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.