Growing up, we used to make traditional Rice Krispies treats with my parents. I had such an amazing time with them in the kitchen, and sometimes we’d just eat it from the bowl. Now, I’m putting a twist on the classic dessert by giving it a cookies-and-cream flavor. This Oreo Rice Krispies Treats recipe is a totally awesome gooey and delicious dessert. The whole family loves them – just add a glass of ice cold milk.
If you’ve never made Rice Krispies treats before, they’re just a quick and easy stove top dessert. It’s melting and mixing everything together. These have the added chunks of Oreo cookie – which has to be everyone’s favorite packaged cookie, right? You can’t go wrong with this match made in heaven.
Related: Unicorn Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Oreo Rice Krispies Treats Recipe (So Gooey & Delicious)
My kids love this recipe and I originally made it for them. Then my husband and I realized how much we enjoy them too. They’re just irresistible and that gooey texture can’t be beat. I drink mine with a cup of coffee, but the kids enjoy it with a cold class of milk.
Tips For Making Your Rice Krispies Treats
You can say this is an easy recipe because you don’t have to bake, but you do need to ensure nothing burns on the stove. Watch over the stovetop at all times and constantly stir. You’ll be melting your butter and marshmallows. The marshmallows do melt pretty fast too – but stir stir stir!
How To Store Your Leftover Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
If you have any leftovers, you want to keep them in an air-tight container. After cutting them, I transfer the treats to a storage container. They do not need to be refrigerated. They’ll stay fresh for 4-5 days. I put extras in my kid’s school lunch sometimes too.
What You’ll Need From The Store:
- Mini Marshmallows (2 bags)
- Classic Oreos
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
How To Make This Oreo Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Prepare a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large freezer bag, crush your Oreos in large chunks.
In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat while stirring (until browned). Add the mini marshmallows and continue to stir until melted completely. Add the vanilla and salt, then stir.
In a large bowl, pour the marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies cereal and Oreos. Stir until it’s coated.
Use a spatula to gently spread the mixture into the prepared 2-quart baking dish. Let it sit for 20 minutes before serving.
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Bags (10oz) Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 20 Oreos, Crushed To Thick Pieces
- 5 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Crush your Oreo cookies, in large chunks, inside of a large freezer bag.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat until browned. Add the mini marshmallows and melt until gooey and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl, pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and Oreos. Gently stir to combine.
- Spread in the prepared 2-quart baking dish, with a spatula. Let it set for 20 minutes.
- I spray my spatula with a little bit of non-stick cooking spray when spreading the cereal mixture
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.
Try out these Banana Rice Krispies Treats too – by Sugary Sweets!