I love having friends and family over for outdoor summer entertaining. After a day at the pool or lake, it’s a nice way to wind down and let the adults relax. I pop a bottle of wine and keep everything else really simple. When you’re hosting a summer get-together, you can get away with keeping the food light. This Easy Marinated Mozzarella Appetizer recipe is the perfect dish to serve alongside crackers, olives and cured meats for an antipasti platter. Plus, you won’t heat up your kitchen!
The marinated mozzarella is full of flavor because I start with only the best – fresh Stella® Cheeses. Stella® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese offers a fresh, milky flavor and soft, delicate texture that reminds me of homemade mozzarella that would come from an Italian Grandmother’s kitchen. Its subtle, milky flavors pairs well with crisp, acidic wines.
It’s the perfect way to make the everyday gourmet. The longer the mozzarella sits in the marinade, the better flavor it has. So make a triple batch and you’ll always be ready for unannounced guests that come your way. The mozzarella is marinated in a zesty bath of garlic, herbs, and olive oil. I’m positive you’ll impress your guests without much effort.
Easy Marinated Mozzarella Appetizer
Heat olive oil and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium low heat – stirring constantly until bubbly. Allow to cool to room temperature.Stir in herbs, peppercorns, lemon slices, and bay leaf. Add vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste.
Pour the mixture over Stella® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese and transfer to an airtight container or your covered serving dish. Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight or up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve alongside crackers, cured meats, olives and fruit. I prefer a bottle of chilled rosé alongside this appetizer.
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (i.e. basil, thyme, oregano, and/or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon black or rainbow peppercorns
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- Peel from half a lemon, thinly sliced
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes (optional to taste)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 package of Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium low heat until bubbling gently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in herbs, peppercorns, lemon slices, and bay leaf.
- Add vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the mozzarella and transfer to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight or up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.
Learn more about Stella® & follow them on social media:
Pin For Later: