Tips For Eating Keto At Universal Studios
It’s so easy for me to stay on track and diet when I’m at home. Yet, a one week vacation can wreak havoc on my diet and undo a lot of my hard work. Instead of fearing the weight gain, I arm myself with the best possible choices at any destination. Here’s my complete guide to eating Keto at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. These low carb theme park options will be your best friend!
Related: Volcano Bay Food Options
The Basics Of Picking Low Carb Theme Park Food
Let’s face it – it can be tricky to find low carb options at theme parks because everyone likes to indulge on vacation. There are still many options for you to maintain Keto when you’re at Universal Studios. You might need to think ‘beyond the bun’ and make some small substitutions.
Universal Studios prides themselves on being accommodating to any dietary restrictions. You can always request to speak to a chef or ask questions at a quick-service location. While you might be ordering a burger and omitting the bun, I think there are many ways to eat Keto at Universal Studios without sacrificing flavor or portion size.
I recommend using my list below to guide you through your theme park dining choices. You can always research menus ahead of time on their website as well. They even offer an email address that’s solely dedicated to answering any of your dietary questions – FoodServiceCUF@universalorlando.com
You Can Bring Your Own Food
If you’re still worried about making the right choices while you’re vacationing at Universal Studios, you can always opt to bring your own food into the parks. You just let a team member know when you’re going through security. You just pack it into a soft-sided cooler because glass is not allowed.
Best Restaurants For Eating Keto At Universal Orlando Parks
Keep in mind that some restaurants may need advanced reservations prior to you arrival. You can make reservations online or at your Universal hotel Guest Services desk. All of these restaurants accept the Universal Dining Plans as well.
Universal Studios Orlando Low Carb Food Options For Keto Diet
I love that Universal Studios Orlando offers some sit-down restaurants. These are great options when you want to escape the summer heat and just need a break from being on your feet.
- Lombard’s Seafood Grille™: If you’re looking for seafood options, this is the place to go! The Tuna Poke is a flavorful dish that features sushi-grade Ahi tuna diced and marinated in a soy garlic sauce, over a bed of Frisée lettuce with scallions, tomatoes, avocado, wasabi, red onion, & cucumber (ask for the crispy wontons on top to be removed). They also offer a Cobb Salad & Surf & Turf or order the Pork Chop without the apple topping.
- Finnegan’s Bar & Grill™: Skip the beer, but enjoy all of the traditional Irish pub flavors that this restaurant has to offer! The Pistachio Crusted Salmon Salad is a great go-to choice and start with the Shrimp Scargot as an appetizer (just omit the bread from coming to your table). You can order the salmon entree, beef tenderloins or pork loin and just ask for the meals without potatoes. I like asking for a broccoli substitute.
Quick service restaurants are just as easy to stick to a low carb meal. If you’re doing dirty keto and drink diet soda, then beware that you can’t find any in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (at either park). They offer Pumpkin Juice and Butterbeer – both of which will kill your ketosis. Opt for bottled water or carry a soft drink from another area of the park. Below are some great quick-service Keto options at Universal Studios.
- Leaky Cauldron: This is one of my favorite park locations for eating low carb. It’s a British themed restaurant inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Opt for the roast chicken with steamed vegetables or they offer a salad that you can add protein to.
- Richter’s Burger Co.: This is your standard burger joint, but they offer a fun topping bar. You can really add a lot of toppings to a bacon cheeseburger and steer clear of the bun.
Islands Of Adventure Low Carb Food Options For Keto Diet
Just like Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure offers two sit-down style restaurants that are a great spot to relax. There is also a Starbucks located inside the park, so you can order any kets-friendly coffee drink or grab one of their protein boxes.
- Confisco Grille™: This table service restaurant offers several entree salads, salmon and burgers to pick from. They do offer a Kosher menu though that includes salmon, chicken and Salisbury steak for $29.99, except quantities are limited and they recommend you order 72 hours ahead of time though.
- Mythos Restaurant™: You can start with the marinated olives or wedge salad without croutons. Flounder, salmon, beef medallions and blue cheese crusted pork are some great lower carb options on the menu.
There are a lot of sweets available throughout this park. I think more so than Universal Studios, which means there’s a whole lot more temptation. Luckily, there’s some quick service spots if you want to save money and cut carbs.
- Thunder Falls Terrace: Located in the Jurassic Park themed area, this Universal Studios Orlando restaurant has a couple of Keto-friendly options. They offer salads, rotisserie chicken and ribs. Be careful of the BBQ sauce because of hidden sugar content.
- Three Broomsticks: They have almost an identical menu to the Leaky Cauldron – so there’s definitely some veggie and meat options to order.
- Grinch and Friends Character Breakfast: This is a seasonal holiday offering, but they’ve got omelets and egg options, along with bacon and sausage.
- Comic Strip Cafe: This is another burger spot, but they also have hot dogs, salads and half Asian roasted chicken that make great options. Just avoid those buns.
If you’re planning your vacation, don’t stress about eating keto at Universal Studios Orlando theme parks! There are plenty of options to help keep you on track for weightless success through the Keto Diet.