Plan Your Visit: Volcano Bay Food Options
Traditionally, waterparks are not known for their food and it’s been less than stellar. I’m happy to say that Orlando’s newest waterpark, Universal Orlando’s Volcano Bay, has plenty of great food options for guests. From delicious cool treats to gourmet sandwiches, you’ll love the Volcano Bay food options!
All The Details About Volcano Bay Food & Drink
You can definitely plan ahead for your trip to Volcano Bay and even budget your food & drink costs. Universal offers multiple ways to save money and even a way to make it easy to pay, without carrying cash. Whether you want to find a spot at one of their bars or grab a cool treat on a summer day, I’ve got everything you need to know before your trip.
Volcano Bay Food Options & Locations
It’s easy to find great eats scattered around the park. The design of the park allows guests easy access to food locations without having to walk far. All of the dining options are quick-service style restaurants with outdoor seating in shaded areas. Guests are also allowed to bring food & drink back to their lounge chairs or cabana.
Hand-crafted burgers, fish sandwiches and flatbread pizzas are a few of the options you can find throughout the park. They also offer a lot of tropical fusion options – like Jerk Mac n Cheese.
Here are the food options throughout the park:
- Whakawaiwai Eats (located in the River Village) – Serving BBQ Chicken Pizza, Tropical Baby Greens salad, Hawaiian Pizza, Specialty Foot-Long Hot Dogs on Pretzel Buns, Jerk Mac & Cheese and fresh fruit.
- The Feasting Frog (located in The Rainforest Village) – Serving Poke Poke Bowls, Taco Sampler, Plantain Chips and Guacamole.
- Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club (located in The Wave Village) – Serving Mango BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, tasty Quinoa Edamame Burg-ers, crunchy Coconut Crusted Fried Chicken and flatbread pizzas.
- Bambu (located in The Rainforest Village) – serving chef-crafted burgers, fish and chicken sandwiches, as well as chicken tenders and fresh salads.
These locations serve during both lunch and dinner hours. I find that they offer many vegetation, light and healthy options as well. Most of the entrees were prices between $8 – $15 with the half rack of ribs and fish being on the highest end.
The quick service food locations serve alcoholic beverages for guests ages 21+, with proper identification. Coco-Cola Freestyle machines are also available.
Volcano Bay Refillable Mug Option
If you’re looking to save money on your drink purchases. Consider buying a refillable drink mug. For a flat rate per size, guest are allowed to come back to refill their mug with any Coco-Cola Freestyle or ICEE flavor. You’re purchasing the refillable mug for the duration of your stay. So you can’t save the mug and reuse it on a future vacation. However, you can add an extra day for $7.99
- Volcano Bay Refillable Drink Mug Prices – Each mug costs $15.99 per day. The more mugs you purchase the more you save. The cost of 2 mugs is $14.99 per day and 3-6 mugs cost only $12.99 per day.
Volcano Bay Desserts & Ice Cream
There are several fan-favorite dessert options that will satisfy any sweet tooth! The Kahola Reef Restaurant & Social Club offer a Volcano Lava Chocolate Cake. It’s the dessert that mimics the theme park’s central Krakatau volcano – but this one erupts with molten chocolate.
One hot summer Florida day, ice cream is a must-have to cool off. The beautiful Waturi Fusion Ice Cream tastes as good as it looks. The rainbow treat is made up of colorful swirls of banana, blue raspberry, strawberry and orange ice cream flavors.
Volcano Bay Bars: Tropical Cocktails & Boozy Concoctions
Head to either of Volcano Bay’s two bar locations for some tropical cocktails. The bartender at Dancing Dragons Boat Bar was very friendly and made any boozy concoction you can dream of.
Or try one of their menu items, which features frozen specialties, cocktails on the rocks, draft beers and fountain sodas. Two drinks are allowed per ID and they do check ID regardless of age (I was turned away for not having an ID).
How To Purchase The Universal Orlando Dining Plan
There are over 100 participating locations that utilize the Universal Orlando Dining Plan, between the theme parks, resorts at CityWalk. The Universal Orlando Dining Plan is available for pre-purchase when you buy a Vacation Package or at the Universal Orlando Ticket Desk for resort guests.
With the Universal Dining Plan, you can pick from three options: Quick-Service, Universal Dining Plan or Quick-Service + Coca-Cola freestyle Souvenir Cup.
- Universal Dining Plan: Only available for pre-purchase with a vacation package & price is part of package. Includes per day – one full service meal, 1 quick service meal, 1 snack, 1 non-alcoholic beverage.
- Universal Dining Plan Quick Service: Includes per day – one quick service meal, one snack and one non-alcoholic beverage. It’s available to purchase during Halloween Horror Nights. Cost is $23.99 + tax per adult per day.
- Universal Dining Plan Quick Service With Coca-Cola Freestyle: Includes per day – one quick service meal, one snack, one day unlimited Coca-Cola Freestyle Beverage. It’s available during Halloween Horror Nights. Cost is $29.99 + tax per adult per day.
The dining plan can really save you money, especially if you have a large party that you’re traveling with. Some guests like to opt of the dining plan because it’s too much food – so that’s something to think about as well.