The Easiest Baked Caramel Corn Recipe
I never knew how easy it was to make homemade caramel corn. This is my grandmother’s recipe and she was all about keeping things simple. You can make this Easy Baked Caramel Corn Recipe and give it out as DIY holiday gift ideas or store it in air-tight container for your own family to enjoy. Either way, you won’t believe how simple it is to make yourself.
How To Clean Caramel Off Of Your Pots & Cookware
While this is an easy recipe, there’s one thing that makes it tricky – the cleanup. You do have traces of caramel on your pots and bowls after you’ve finished this recipe. Don’t panic though, because I have tips for cleaning caramel off of pots:
- Soak in hot water for at least one hour with dish detergent
- Use a spatula to remove any remaining caramel, after you’ve soaked your dirty dishes
- To keep your roasting pan clean and to avoid another item to wash, I recommend covering it with aluminum foil and then spraying with PAM cooking spray
I promise that this recipe is worth the little clean up of one bowl and one pot. Everyone gives away cookies for the holiday season, but I like to mix it up and give out something more unique than cookies.
How To Make Easy Baked Caramel Corn
Preheat your oven to 250º. Prepare one roasting pan by wrapping with aluminum foil and spraying with PAM non-stick cooking spray. You can pop your own popcorn, but to make it easier, I purchase pre-popped bagged popcorn.
Melt butter over medium heat on the stovetop, in a medium saucepan.
Once melted, stir in brown sugar, honey and salt.
Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Keep the mixture boiling, but stop stirring, for 5 minutes. I set a timer on my oven for exactly five minutes.
Gradually pour over popped corn, in a large bowl.
Gently mix until popcorn is coated evenly.
Spread your popcorn onto your prepared roasting pan and bake at 250º for one hour. Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY. Break apart and store in an air-tight container.
- 6 Quarts Popped Popcorn
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 1 Cups Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees & wrap a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, honey and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Keep the mixture boiling, but stop stirring, for five minutes.
- In a large boil, combine the mixture and popcorn. Gently stir to ensure the popcorn is completely coated.
- Spread the coated popcorn onto your roasting pan. Bake at 250 for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in air-tight containers.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 211mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 1g
Pin For Later: