If the perfect party recipe exists, it might be this Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe. Everyone is always asking me to bring it whenever there is a reason to get together. Is it pretty? No. It doesn’t have to be. It’s all about the savory cheesy goodness that comes with every chip you dip. The enchilada sauce and spices make this dip irresistible. Serve it with chips for a Super Bowl party, Cinco de Mayo or poolside.
Related: Green Chili Tortilla Roll Ups Recipe
It’s a very creamy dip since the base is made from cream cheese and sour cream. It’s unusual to find a dip that adds a protein as well. I love that this Chicken Enchilada Dip uses shredded chicken. It makes it a bit more filling and adds to the flavor.
You can make it ahead of time, before a party, and pop it into the oven before serving. After adding your cheese, just refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before placing in the oven. Just serve right away while the cheese has the beautiful bubble to the edges.
Savory Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
Stir in the enchilada sauce and the spices.
Fold in chicken, green chiles and the cheese.
Scrape the mixture in the prepared dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Dip can be assembled and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance – just let it come to room temperature before baking.
Bake 25 – 30 minute, until the center is hot and edges are bubbly. Garnish with green onion or cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or flour tortillas. Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers – if you even have any. Everyone will love this dip recipe.
- Cooking Spray
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Can (10 oz.) Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Can (4.5 oz.) Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 Cups Cooked, Shredded Chicken (165ºF Safe Internal Temp)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend, Divided
- Optional: Diced Green Onions or Cilantro (for garnish)
- Tortilla Chips For Serving
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and spices.
- Fold in chicken and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Scrape into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the center is hot and the edges are bubbly.
- Add garnish. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or flour tortillas.
Dip can be assembled and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance. Just bring to room temperature before baking.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 256mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 21g