Transform the magic of snow globes into a tasty dessert that even kids can make. With just a few easy steps, you can create these adorable Oreo Snow Globe Cookie designs. It’s a 3D cookie that’s basically a fudge-dipped Oreo that’s decorated and sitting on top of a Reece’s. Kids love them and they work well beyond Christmas – they’re definitely a winter themed cookie. Make them for a class party or on a snow day.
I love working with my kids in the kitchen and letting them take over. These are so cute and you can certainly aim for perfection, but it’s truly about making memories with the kids. Show them how to stack the design, by following the tutorial, and you’ll have a great end result!
I’ve made a big batch of these cookies for winter class parties and church events. I love the idea of saving this snow globe cookie recipe for a snow day too. It just seems perfect with the snowman and trees.
Looking for other winter cookie recipes? Here are some “winter” cookies:
How To Make Your Own Oreo Snow Globe Cookie Design
For my designs, I used Wilton Snowman Icing Decorations and Wilton Tree Icing Decorations. Check out Amazon though because they have a bunch of great icing decorations you can use. There’s a penguin collection too. Any of those would be so cute for your snow globe cookie.
When To Make Your Oreo Snow Globe Cookies
Make these in the winter for any special occasion. They’d be great for a winter tea party, for movie night and for a kids classroom party. If you’re making them for a special event, I would make them a day ahead of time.
How To Transport Your Oreo Snow Globe Cookie
These cookies stand up, but you can lay them on their sides in multiple layers. I would separate them with wax paper so no sprinkles rub off of the cookies. If you want to transport them standing up, crunch wax paper to be placed in-between them – so there is less wiggle room.
White Fudge Dipped Oreos VS. Wilton Candy Melts
Technically, this recipe uses Wilton White Candy Melts and Double Stuffed Oreos. You dip the cookie into the Wilton candy melts for the covers Oreo look. However, now there’s a shortcut! You can skip the dipping all together by purchasing the White Fudge Dipped Oreos that come out around the holiday season. You’ll save time and they taste great too.
You can get the sanding sugar to stick to the White Fudge Dipped Oreos by melting them in the microwave for 5 seconds. Just enough to make the edges tacky.
What You’ll Need From The Grocery Store:
Step-by-Step Directions To Make Oreo Snow Globe Cookies
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate. Carefully dip an oreo until completely coating in the white chocolate.
Use a fork to remove the Oreo from the white chocolate and tap the fork along the side of the double boiler to remove excess chocolate.
Place the Oreo onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the white sanding sugar on top to create a “shimmer” look.
Take a butterknife and dip it into the melted chocolate. Smear the melted chocolate onto the back of the snowman icing transfer to create a “glue”
Place the snowman OR tree in the center of the Oreo. Carefully and quickly dip the top of the Reeses cup into the melted chocolate and place on the bottom of the Oreo to create the “stand”.
For the tree design, dip a gold star sprinkle and place on top. You can add white sprinkles on top to create “snow” Allow to dry completely before enjoying!
- 1 Family Size Double Stuffed Oreos
- 32 oz White Candy Melting Wafers
- 1 Package of Wilton Snowman Icing Decorations
- 1 Tube of Green Cookie Icing
- 1 Package of Gold Star Sprinkles
- 1 Large Container of White Sanding Sugar
- 1 Package of White Nonpareils Sprinkles
- 1 Piping Bag
- 1 Package of Mini Reese Cups
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a double boiler, melt the white candy melts.
- Carefully dip an oreo until completely coating in the white chocolate. Use a fork to remove the oreo from the white chocolate and tap the fork along the side of the double boiler to remove excess chocolate. Place the oreo onto the cookie sheet
- Sprinkle the white sanding sugar on top to create a “shimmer” look. Take a butterknife and dip it into the melted chocolate.
- Smear the melted chocolate onto the back of the snowman icing transfer to create a “glue”.
- Place the snowman in the center of the oreo. Carefully and quickly dip the top of the reese cup into the melted chocolate and place on the bottom of the oreo to create the “stand”.
- For the tree design, place a gold star on the top and sprinkle some white sprinkles on top to create “snow” - Allow to dry completely before enjoying!
Store the cookies in an air-tight container to stay fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 0g
**Nutrition on this recipe is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.