Do you crave something crunchy and light in the warmer months? So do I! Our family is invited to so many BBQ’s and I worry about bringing mayonnaise based salads. This Mayo-Free Coleslaw Recipe is my new go-to. The slaw is light, delicious and people always seem to be reaching for second helpings. It’s seasoned with celery seed, onion powder and black pepper. The flavor combination is tangy and sweet.
The recipe is vinegar based, so you don’t have to worry about having it outdoors. I just keep it refrigerated for a few hours before serving. I serve it in my favorite iced salad bowl from Amazon.
If you’re looking for a healthy main dish to go with it, my low carb Keto-Friendly Chicken Thighs are a nice accompaniment for a Summer BBQ option. Happy BBQ, y’all!
Mayo-Free Coleslaw Recipe – Perfect for BBQ’s
In a large bowl add in all ingredients except cabbage and carrots.
Mix together with a hand mixer and place in a mason jar and refrigerate for about one hour.
Mix together cabbage and carrots.
Pour 4 cups of bowling water over veggies, drain. Add 4 cups of cold water over veggies and drain.
Shake dressing well and pour over veggies. (about a 1/2 cup per 4 cups of veggies).
Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve cold. Leftovers can be placed in an air-tight sealed container and they’re good for 3-4 days.
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 2 cups of Mazola Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 cup of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon of Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- Equal parts Shredded Cabbage, Shredded Red Cabbage, and Shredded Carrots
- In a large bowl add in all ingredients except cabbage and carrots.
- Mix together with a hand mixer and place in a mason jar and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Mix together cabbage and carrots.
- Pour 4 cups of bowling water over veggies, drain. Add 4 cups of cold water over veggies and drain.
- Shake dressing well and pour over veggies. (about a 1/2 cup per 4 cups of veggies)
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 67gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 69gProtein: 1g
*This is just an estimated value
Pin For Later: