I have to admit – I have felt a little extra fluffy since having my second son. Things just weren’t the same in my mid-section, so I started making recipes from the Keto Diet. The idea behind Keto is low carb, moderate protein and high fat. Since I’m not eliminating everything, it’s worked for me. This Low Carb Keto Chicken Legs recipe is a favorite go-to weeknight dinner option.
This recipe comes together in minutes and it’s a modern take on the classic ‘shake and bake’ chicken. The secret is in the pork rinds. Once you ground the pork rinds, they turn into a low carb alternative to bread crumbs.
The chicken bakes to a crispy outer layer while the meat stays moist on the inside. I like to pair it with a salad and vegetables. If you’re looking for a low-carb GF dessert option, these Skinny Protein Cupcakes are delicious. I promise the whole family will enjoy this dinner.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Legs Recipe
- 2 lb fresh chicken legs, skin left on
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. cajun blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 oz pork rinds (usually the entire bag), crushed
- 2 large freezer bags
- large baking sheet
- cooling rack that will fit on the baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rack on the baking sheet.
- Combine the sour cream, blackening seasoning, onion and garlic powders and pour into one of the freezer bags.
- Add the chicken legs and shake to cover the chicken legs.
- Pour the pork rinds into the other freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Transfer the coated chicken legs to the pork rinds freezer bag and shake to cover the chicken legs in the crushed pork rinds.
- Place the coated chicken legs on the rack on the baking sheet.
- Salt & pepper the chicken legs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and serve with veggies or a side salad.
Pin For Later: