It’s the most wonderful time of the year and Six Flags Over Georgia certainly knows how to celebrate! For the first time, our family got to experience Holiday in the Park® – their annual holiday park event. Our expectations were surpassed as we explored all of the thrills, twinkling lights and tasty treats. There’s something for everyone and it’s the perfect excuse to get the whole family together for some bonding time. Check out my tips for making the most of your first visit to Holiday in the Park!
5 Tips for Six Flags Over Georgia’s Holiday in the Park
New For 2018
- New for 2018, Twisted Cyclone will send riders head-over-heels at 50 miles per hour through the magical lights in S’mores Village;
- Bad Bob Humbug, an all-new slapstick comedy show, stuffed with holiday hijinks that will leave the entire family laughing together;
- The magical A Main Street Christmas park entrance with a 165,000 twinkling light canopy and artificial snow;
- All-aboard the North Pole Express to see Santa at the North Pole;
- A spectacular state-of-the-art choreographed light show, Magic of the Season; and the iconic highlight of the event—the historic 1908 Riverview Carousel at Candlelight Carousel featuring more than 100,000 lights and 250 luminary candles.
New for 2017, guests can ride the North Pole Express to visit Santa. Santa is available for photos and they have a post office where kids can write letters to Santa and have them mailed. It’s an adorable seasonal addition that brings so much joy to the kids.
Bring the Whole Family
I’m the type of Mom that brings my little one everywhere, but he had a fantastic time too. My twelve-month old could appreciate the lights too. They have over one million LED lights all throughout the park that’s paired with Christmas music. You don’t have to be a thrill-seeker to appreciate this event! The whole family can enjoy the sights and sounds of the season.
Don’t Miss the Thrills Rides
Six Flags Over Georgia offers world-class thrills and the best roller coasters. Get a new perspective and ride your favorites at night. You’ll get a birds-eye-view of the park. Don’t forget to visit Metropolis Park, where it’s lit with hundreds of sparkling lights and features two new iconic super hero rides: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle For Metropolis in 4D and SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight.
Savor the Tastes of the Season
All throughout the park, guests can find holiday treats. Favorites include S’mores, Red Velvet Waffles and Refillable Hot Chocolate. Everyone raves about the Peeps® marshmallow snowman that tops the hot chocolate. They also offer Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Pretzels – yum!
Enjoy The Shows
Park goers can relax in-between thrill rides and enjoy the holiday shows. Magic of the Season is a spectacular state-of-the-art choreographed light show. Every night there is a tree lighting at 6pm and Carolers stroll up and down Main Street throughout the night. The Retro Christmas USA Holiday Special is a can’t miss show that is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit.
Holiday in the Park operates on select days November 17 through January 6, 2019. Season Passes are now on sale at Six Flags Over Georgia.
Follow Six Flags Over Georgia on Social Media: