Each year we throw a Halloween party and pull out all the stops. I make some spooky eats, the kids dance to classic Halloween tunes (monster mash anyone?) and everyone dresses in costume. You can always find the adults mingling around this delicious Halloween Chili Con Queso Dip appetizer.
This twist on a classic cheese dip has extra zest thanks to the cans of RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. I use one original flavor can and one that’s hot, so it has a nice heat to it. Therefore, it isn’t overpowering. It’s so easy because you just melt two cans of RO*TEL and a can of chili into the cheese via your microwave.
Most importantly, what makes this a Halloween recipe is serving it in a witch’s cauldron then adding taquitos as zombie fingers for dipping! The trick is inserting a glass bowl in the cauldron and then adding your chili con queso. You can purchase a cauldron at Walmart, where I bought my recipe ingredients as well.
Halloween Chile Con Queso Dip Recipe
The biggest reason this Chili Con Queso Dip is Halloween themed is because you’re serving it in a plastic black witch’s cauldron, that you can find on Amazon or any big box store during spooky season. You’ll carefully place your serving bowl in the cauldron and serve your queso in it. It’s super easy and provides a fun Halloween effect.
When To Serve Halloween Chile Con Queso Dip
This is such a great Halloween Party Dip Recipe! Everyone loves to gather around this dip and munch on some chips while chatting. I’ve also served it for family movie night, when we’re watching Halloween movies. If you want to double the recipe, for a bigger crowd, just double it and purchase a bigger black cauldron! It’s quite simple and everyone loves this dip.
What To Serve With Your Halloween Dip
Obviously, tortilla chips are the classic thing to serve with Chile Con Queso. Store-bought is the easiest way to go, but if you want to add a bigger Halloween touch, try these Homemade Spooky Tortilla Chips. They’re shaped as ghosts and look adorable. You just cut them from flour tortillas and bake them in the oven.
How To Store Leftover Chile Con Queso Dip
If you have any leftovers at all, just transfer it to an airtight food storage container. Keep it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to reheat it, you can use the stovetop by putting the dip in a small saucepan and heating it over a simmer. If you’d like to reheat the dip in the microwave, just put it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 20-30 seconds, stirring it occasionally.
Can You Make Halloween Chile Con Queso Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, but there’s a kicker. If you want to make your dip ahead of time, I suggest using a slow cooker. It will keep the cheese melted and ready to enjoy. Just transfer your dip to the glass bowl and place it in the cauldron before serving. Make it 2-3 hours ahead of your serving time and keep the slow cooker on warm.
What You’ll Need:
- Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles (Canned)
- Hot Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies (Canned)
- Canned Chili
- Easy Melt Cheese (like Valveeta)
- Green Olives
- Frozen Chicken Taquitos
- Optional: tortilla chips and flour tortillas
Directions To Make Halloween Chile Con Queso Dip
To start, chop your easy melt cheese into cubes and place in a large glass bowl. Add your cans of RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies to the cheese, then melt on high for 2:30 minutes. Then stir.
Next, add 1/2 can of chili and microwave for another 2:30 minutes. Stir until completely melted and combined.
Pour your Halloween Chili Con Queso into a smaller glass bowl that’s been inserted into a witch’s cauldron. Warning: Do not put the hot dip directly into the plastic cauldron, or it will melt the cauldron!
For the zombie fingers, follow heating directions on taquito package. Then, slice large green olives, on one side, lengthwise. Slide an olive into the tip of each taquito.
For added effects, consider serving next to decorative pumpkins and halloween decor.
- 1 RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 RO*TEL® Hot Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 Wolf Chili
- 2 Great Value Easy Melt Cheese, 32 oz
- Great Value Flour Chicken Taquitos, 16 taquitos, 19.2 oz
- 1 Great Value Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimiento, 21 oz
- 1 Great Value Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips, 13 oz (optional)
- Black Cauldron 12in
- To start, chop your Easy Melt Cheese into cubes and place in a large glass bowl.
- Add your cans of RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies to the cheese, then melt on high for 2:30 minutes. Stir.
- Next, add 1/2 can of chili and microwave for another 2:30 minutes. Stir until completely melted and combined.
- Pour your Halloween Chili Con Queso into a smaller glass bowl that's been inserted into a witch's cauldron.
- For the zombie fingers, follow heating directions on taquito package. Then, slice large green olives, on one side, lengthwise. Slide an olive into the tip of each taquito.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.