Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
When it comes to Thanksgiving, easier is always better. I don’t care how great a recipe tastes, it has to be easy, or else I don’t have time for it. The holiday is all about spending time with my loved ones and keeping things simple and delicious in the kitchen. This easy Creamed Corn recipe is a classic – the whole family enjoys it!
Related: Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner Recipe
What Makes Creamed Corn Great For Thanksgiving
You already know that I love to keep it easy, but I also can’t imagine our Thanksgiving table without corn. I like to add some color through our vegetables. It’s easy to find “green” recipes, but I love that I can bring some yellow to our table with corn.
What I love most about this recipe is how you don’t have to to thaw or microwave the corn. You throw the frozen corn onto your stove top and bring it to a boil with the cream.
At the end, you put it under the broiler, in the oven. Just a few minutes under the broiler creates a delicious browned parmesan crust on top. Then it’s creamy and rich in the center. You’ll love it!
How To Make This Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
In a small pot, melt 4 Tablespoons butter and stir in the flour, over medium heat. Do not brown off. Remove from the heat once finished and set aside.
Place corn in a medium pot with cream and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
Stir in the salt and sugar, then add your butter mixture.
Cook until it thickens slightly.
You’ll notice it thicken and look creamier.
Place the corn mixture into an oven-proof dish.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
Brown under a low broiler, in the oven, until light brown on top. It turns brown quickly – only a few minutes are needed. Serve immediately.
- 2 10oz Packages Frozen Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Dab of Butter
- In a small pot, met 4 tablespoons butter and stir in flour. Do not brown. Remove from heat.
- Place corn and cream in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Stir in salt and sugar.
- Add your butter & flour mixture. Cook until it thickens over medium heat.
- Place the corn mixture in a round oven-proof baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Dot with butter.
- Brown in the oven, over a low broiler, for a few minutes. Watch it closely.
- Serve immediately as a Thanksgiving side dish.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 326mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 7g