Dinnertime and comfort food seem to go together like bread and butter. At the end of a long day, it’s nice to have a hearty and warm meal to indulge in. I love casseroles as a Winter dinner idea, but I crave them all year long. They bake until bubbly and you only need a fork to savor the creamy flavors. This traditional Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe is a big hit with my family.
It’s become a dinnertime favorite that I make on a regular basis. My kids even it it, regardless of the vegetables. My favorite part is the ease of clean up. I only have a mixing bowl and a casserole dish to clean up after dinner is done.
You can serve this Chicken and Rice Casserole with a side salad and rolls for a complete meal. It’s also one of those dishes that you make in the beginning of the week and enjoy the leftovers for weeknight meals. I hope your family enjoys it as much as our family does.
Note: You could also substitute leftover Thanksgiving turkey, instead of the cubed chicken.
Traditional Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. To keep it really simple and quick, you can use minute white rice instead of traditional white rice.
Stir in cream of chicken soup, milk and 3/4 cup cheese. That’s the secret to making it creamy!
Spoon evenly into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Yields 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups prepared white rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, vegetables and rice. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Stir in soup, milk and 3/4 cup cheese. Spoon evenly into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Ham & Asparagus One Pot Pasta
Pin For Later: