One of my favorite holiday traditions is whipping up some treats in the kitchen. It’s something that’s relaxing to me and I enjoy letting the kids help me out. We’re officially a month away from our next Disney World trip and the whole family is excited to go. Inspired by one of my favorite characters, I made these adorable Christmas Minnie Mouse Rice Krispies Treats.
They are fun to make and everyone is impressed by them! I’ll let you in on a secret though, they are beyond easy to throw together. I love that you don’t have to use your oven to bake anything either. Just follow the traditional Rice Krispies Treats® recipe below, dip in chocolate and add the Minnie Mouse bow.
Little girls love them and they’re the perfect gift for neighbors, teachers and friends.
Christmas Minnie Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
Be sure to grab the holiday edition of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies.
Melt your ingredients over the stove and be sure to keep stirring! Stir until everything melts.
Combine it with cereal, in a big bowl.
Press into a baking pan and even it with a spatula. Tip: place wax paper between your spatula and the Rice Krispies so it doesn’t stick and you can create a nice even layer.
Pull the layer of Rice Krispies out of the baking dish and use a Mickey shaped cookie cutter to create the base layer. A sandwich Mikey cutter also works. Dip each top half into melted chocolate and let cool.
Using a printed Minnie Mouse bow design, carefully cut out the bow on top of rolled fondant. Place each bow in the center of the treat, securing with icing, and trace the green accent icing on top of the fondant bow.
- 40 Jet Puffed Marshmellows
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Holiday Edition Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Milk Chocolate Melting Candy
- Store-Prepared Red Fondant
- Green Icing
- Combine the marshmallows and butter, in a pot, over the stove until melted. Stirring constantly.
- Add to cereal and combine. Cover a 13x9 inch baking dish with wax paper and pour mixture into the dish.
- Press mixture evenly into the pan, using your spatula. If it's too sticky, use a top layer of wax paper over the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and use a Mickey shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes.
- Melt the milk chocolate, using the microwave instructions.
Dip the top half of each treat into the melted chocolate. Let cool.
Roll the red fondant. Using a knife, carefully cut a Minnie Mouse bow design from the red fondant.
- Place a small dot of green icing on the back of the bow and secure to each treat. Trace the green icing accent on top of each bow to finish.
Pin for Later:
You May Also Like: Easy Santa Oreo Christmas Cookies