Of all the Disney villains, Maleficent is probably the most wicked of all! I love the dark side of a fantasy. It’s especially fun before Halloween. Since the holiday is right around the corner and “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” comes out October 18th, I’ve got this fun Maleficent Donuts recipe for you.
They are baked, which gives them a nice soft texture and decorated with evil style. Don’t be intimidated by the fondant because I’ve got a breakdown of each step so it’s easy for you. These would be fun to enjoy as a dessert, with a cup of coffee or make them with the kids.
However you chose to enjoy these Maleficent donuts, they’ll certainly be a hit in your castle.
Scroll to the bottom for Atlanta Maleficent II screening tickets!
Related Post: Spooky Halloween Pudding Cups
Baked Maleficent Donuts With Video
Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s and spray a donut baking pan with pam baking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Combine the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 6 minutes before removing and placing the donut‘s onto a wire rack.
Repeat steps until all batter is used.
For the decorations, lightly sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board, the rolling pin and onto the black fondant.
Place the black fondant onto the middle of the cutting board and roll out the fondant to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out your Maleficent horns and place the cut out onto the fondant. Note: you can google “Maleficent Horn Template” to use.
Use the Exacto knife or pairing knife and carefully run the blade along the edge of the cut out.
Repeat steps and cut out 14 more Maleficent horns out of space that you have left of the rolled out fondant.
Lay out your 15 fondant pieces to dry for an hour.
For the icing, Using a standing mixer, combine the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk and vanilla extract and mix on medium to high speed until smooth and thick.
Scoop about 1/4 C of the icing into 1 bowl for the green icing.
Add a few drops of Purple to the remaining white icing.
Add a few drops of Green to the small bowl with the 1/4 C icing and mix until combined.
Scoop the green icing’s into the piping bag and set aside.
To decorate, place your donuts onto a wire rack with a cookie sheet under it.
Using the purple icing, pour the icing onto the donuts so that the icing completely coats the doughnuts.
Allow the purple icing to dry for 10 minutes. Place the fondant horns in the center of the donut.
Using the green piping bag, cut the tip of the piping bag and fill in the bottom part of Maleficent‘s horns for her face. Allow icing to dry for an hour before enjoying!
Fun Facts About Disney’s Maleficent Character
- Maleficent’s name isn’t just a cleverly chosen word. It is actually a derivative of the Latin word maleficentia which means “evil-doing”
- Eleanor Audley, who voiced the animated Maleficent all those years ago, has a history with Disney She also voiced Lady Tremaine (the Evil Stepmother) in “Cinderella” and Madame Leota in the Haunted Mansion
- Maleficent’s outfit was meant to be as frightening as possible and that is why her collar represents the wings of a bat and her horns are reminiscent of the devil
- While never mentioned in the film “Sleeping Beauty,” Maleficent’s trusty raven’s name is Diablo
Grab Your Atlanta Maleficent II Screening Tickets
Where: The Plaza Theater (1049 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306)
When: Wednesday 10/16/19 at 7:00pm
I have 20 “admit-two” passes to give away. To download your passes, CLICK HERE and enter pin screening code: 307238
*Please note: passes do NOT guarantee seats at the screening. The theater is over-booked to ensure capacity and seating is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Ticketholder and guest must enter the auditorium together.
Exact Instructions To Download Passes:
1) To download passes – members should go to www.seeitfirst.net.
2) If they do not have a login, click “register” to make an account.
3) Once the account is created, return to www.seeitfirst.net and enter the screening code (6 digit code highlighted above) to find the MALEFICENT screening (WED, 10/16 at 7:00 PM).
NOTE: Each reader can download one (1) Admit Two pass. Codes cannot be used more than once.
4) The screening page will then pop up – and you select the ticket quantity and download your passes.