Where are my fellow Millennial Moms who grew up in the 90’s? It’s time to introduce the next generation to our one of our favorite snacks – Dunkaroo Dip. I’m re-making it as a cake mix dip, and it comes together as an amazingly sweet Funfetti Cake Mix Dip recipe. With only four ingredients, it’s an easy dessert or snack to make. Just grab some of your favorite dippers!
If you’re someone who is always caught licking the bowls while baking, you’ll be a huge fan of cake mix dips. Since they’re egg-free, you can get all of the joy from eating cake mix without any of the guilt. You get all of the flavor without any worry. Funfetti cake mix is speckled with sprinkles, which makes it even more fun to enjoy.
After I made my first Caramel Butter Pecan Cake Mix Dip recipe, I knew I had to try out other flavors. Basically, you just use 1 box of cake mix alongside some wet dairy ingredients and mix. It’s so easy and it’s an addictive snack.
Want more great snack recipes? Here are some of my top rated snack recipes:
Funfetti Cake Mix Dip Recipe (Homemade Dunkaroo Dip)
While you can totally enjoy this dip with just a spoon (no judgement here), I’m going to share how to make it as an awesome dessert board or serve it for a party. It brings back nostalgic memories of Dunkaroo Dip for me, but my kids adore this dip too. Nobody can resist!
The best part is that you don’t need any fancy kitchen tools to throw this Funfetti Dip together. I did use my electric hand mixer, but you can also just mix everything together by hand too.
What Dippers To Use With Your Funfetti Cake Mix Dip
Pair this recipe with graham crackers and you’ve got a classic Dunkaroo situation going on. Everyone loves the graham cracker pairing – but there are other options! Other great dippers include vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers, marshmallows, pretzels and fresh bananas. You can even spread it over a waffle, which is quite decadent.
Recipe Substitutions You Can Make
Feel free to make some substitutions depending on your needs. You can use dairy-free options for an allergy or cut the overall calories by using reduced fat products. There are also other brands that make Funfetti cake mix, I just prefer using Pillsbury since they were the original ones to make it!
What To Buy At The Store For This Recipe:
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Funfetti Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
- Dipper Options
How To Make Funfetti Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1/3 - 2/3 Cup Whole Milk (1/3 required, extra for preference)
- 1 Box Funfetti Cake Mix (Pillsbury)
- Add whipped topping and softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add cake mix and 1/3 cup milk and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Dip will be very thick. Add more milk, teaspoon at a time, until you get the thickness you'd like. I added about 3 more teaspoons (but it's individual preference).
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra sprinkles. Add to a tray and place your selected dippers around the outside - pretzels, graham crackers, fruit, etc.
- Serve this for an afternoon snack, birthday party, 90's throwback party or as a poolside snack.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for 2-3 days
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 576mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
**Nutrition is provided by a third party. Actual values may vary.