When 2nd graders are making their First Holy Communion, it’s such a special time, but it’s also a tad bit overwhelming. I remember sitting in the parent meetings and thinking about how much we had to complete by spring. One of those items? The First Holy Communion Banner.
If you’re stressing over the banner, I’ve got you covered. It’s supposed to be a fun banner that helps to decorate the church, represent your family and (most importantly) a design that your child can do on their own. Check out these First Holy Communion Banner designs for inspiration.
Looking for even more First Holy Communion inspirations? Check out some of these other great ideas:
- 11 Precious First Holy Communion Gifts For Boys
- Easy First Holy Communion Cookies
- Printable First Communion Coloring Pages
Tips For Creating Your First Holy Communion Banner
There’s no wrong way to make your family’s banner! Let it be a passion project. There’s something your child has learned in their faith formation classes that will resonate with them. Obviously, the theme will be the Eucharist.
Whatever inspires your child the most, should be the theme you pick for your banner design. Encourage your child to stick with religious theming. Now isn’t the time for dinosaurs or unicorns.
How To Decorate A First Communion Banner:
- Use Different Design Elements: Gather ribbon, markers, paints and colorful pieces of felt to use on your banner. I love the bright banners for springtime!
- Be Inspired By Readings: If your child has a favorite reading that they want to incorporate, you can use the Bible verse in your banner.
- Make Sure Your Banner Can Hang: Most parishes provide a wooden dowel for the kids to use and ribbon for hanging the banner. Typically, the banners are used on the pew sides to decorate the church aisle.
- Let Your Kid’s Personality Shine Through: Use their favorite colors or design elements, but still be respectful to the sacrament.
- Help Your Child As Needed: I like to let my child design the banner, but help with elements that need a hot glue gun.