Bring everyone’s favorite taco night flavors to the summer table with this easy Taco Pasta Salad recipe. It’s one of my favorite go to recipes for the warmer months. The kids love it and it’s perfect as a main dinner salad, for picnics or even dining al fresco. The shell shaped pasta holds all of the delicious ingredients and soaks up the dressing. You’re going to love how this fresh take on tacos.
– Scroll Down To Enter The Publix Gift Card Giveaway –
Related: Savory Macaroni Salad Recipe
I love all of the colors that come through once this taco pasta salad is finished. I just serve it in a big bowl and let everyone take individual portions. To garnish, I used green onions for added color. Of course, you could substitute cilantro as well.
If you’re looking to make the salad a bit more healthy, you can easily make some product substitutions. Of course, the pasta salad will be carbohydrate heavy, but you can cut the amount of sodium in the recipe.
I purchased low sodium black beans and taco seasoning. By draining the black beans before adding, you also help to eliminate any added sodium.
After you’ve served the salad, place it back into the refrigerator in an air-tight container. The pasta may soak up some of the dressing, but you can redistribute the dressing by stirring again.
Everyone asks for this recipe when I bring it to potlucks or BBQ’s and now you can enjoy making it too!
How To Make This Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain well and set aside. In a large bowl, beat sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning until well combined. Add cooked pasta, beans, corn and tomatoes. Chill.
Before serving, fold in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and green onion.
Serve cold or at room temperature, refrigerating any leftovers.
- 1 Box (16 oz) Pasta Shells
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can (15.5 oz) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (11 oz) fiesta-style corn, drained
- 1 Pint (10 oz) Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Shredded Milk Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- Green Onions, Chopped
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning until well combined. Add cooked pasta, beans, corn and tomatoes.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Before serving, fold in 1/2 cup of cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and green onion.
- Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- You can garnish with diced cilantro instead of green onion, if you prefer that substitute.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
**Nutrition facts are calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.