This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PastaWithBenefits #EatModern
Feeling good starts from the inside. I strive to find healthy and balanced options that taste delicious. If you’re a regular reader, you know I’ve turned a leaf and dedicated myself to living a healthier and full life. My well-being boils down to how I take care of my body, from the inside out. This Savory Macaroni Salad recipe encompasses my wellness beliefs without sacrificing any flavor. It’s how I choose to EAT MODERN.
Eating Pasta Without Sacrificing Important Nutrition
When I started my wellness journey, I knew I had to create new habits. I needed change that would serve my body for the future I wanted. However, the foodie in me wasn’t about to give up my favorite meals. It’s the only way to make it a living – a longterm lifestyle change. That’s what Modern Eating is all about: finding a new way – a better way – to create new habits and sustain them. Modern Table® protein pasta was created by people who share my same viewpoint.
They believe that the foods we love to eat can also be the foods we want to eat. Modern Table® protein pastas are only made with three simple ingredients: lentils, rice and peas. They don’t use any binders or fillers. The vegan products are complete plant-protein. That means they contain all 9 essential amino acids, which are the building blocks your body needs for lasting energy, muscle health and good digestion. It’s also low on the glycemic index. Now that’s something I can feel good about!
Their pastas are the perfect base for your favorite dishes. I love making this Savory Macaroni Salad recipe as part of my weekly meal prep, so I always have a nutritious option available to me. Although, I’ve also made this salad for cookouts and potlucks – everyone loves it!
Use this store locater to find Modern Table® near you!
How To Make This Savory Macaroni Salad Recipe
Cook your Modern Table® protein pasta elbows according to package directions. Drain and then rinse with cold water and drain again. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, water, vinegar, sugar and seasonings until blended.
In a large bowl, combine macaroni, peppers, onion and celery.
Add 1 cup dressing; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing to add just before serving. To serve, stir in reserved dressing. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 2 packages (16 ounces) Modern Table elbow macaroni
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water or 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet yellow, orange or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
2. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, water, vinegar, sugar and seasonings until blended.
3. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, peppers, onion and celery. Add 1 cup dressing; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
4. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing to add just before serving. To serve, stir in reserved dressing. Sprinkle with parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 333mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 3g