St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes – Easy Irish Food Idea
You don’t need to be Irish to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! The spring holiday is fun for the kids too. Mine love leprechauns, clovers and reading about the history of the day. These St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes are perfect for a party and kids love them.
They’re topped with a Rolo candy for a “pot of gold” and a piece of Air Heads Extreme Bites, which are rainbow colors.
To make the grass look, I just tossed some shredded coconut with green food dye. Anyone can make them and they come together quickly!
Related Post: Elephant Ears Recipe Inspired by Disney’s Dumbo
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes Recipe
Use a standard yellow cake mix (or white) and follow the instructions to bake. Let cool completely.
To create your green frosting, use a can of white frosting and add a few drops of green food dye. Stir until completely mixed.
Frost each cooled cupcakes using a knife. Spread the frosting evenly over the top. It doesn’t have to be perfect because you’re going to cover it.
In a second bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring to the sweetened coconut. Wear a glove latex kitchen glove, or place your hand into a Ziploc bag, to combine.
Gently roll each cupcake into the shredded coconut to create the grass topping. It’ll have a nice rounded look once they’re completely covered.
For the topping, press two of the rainbow candies into the back half of each cupcake. Next, add your “pot of gold” beside it in the front.
You can serve them immediately. I like using a cupcake carrier, so I carefully transport them to my kid’s classroom party. I hope they’re a big hit in your home too!
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Green Cupcake Liners
- White Frosting
- Green Food Dye
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Rainbow Candies by Airheads
- Rolo Chocolate Candies
- Line muffin tin with green liners. Bake yellow cupcakes according to package instructions and let cool.
- Mix a few drop of green food dye with white frosting and mix completely.
- Frost each cupcake.
- To create the grass, mix a few drops of green food dye with the shredded coconut. Use a glove to protect your hand OR place your hand in a ziploc bag.
- Roll each frosted cupcake into the coconut bowl.
- Top with two rainbow candies and 1 Rolo chocolate candy.