I love a great sandwich that’s easy to prep. These Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches take the guesswork out of family meal time. With two main ingredients and the magic of Instant Pot, they come together so much quicker than traditional pulled pork. I put the buns out and throw on the BBQ pulled pork, and we’ve got dinner for our family of five! It doesn’t get any easier than this for dinnertime.
The simplicity of a BBQ sandwich is something that our family loves. Whether you just enjoy it extra saucy with plain meat and bread or toss on some pickles with ranch dressing. It’s just a good old-fashioned meal.
Pork Loin is possibly my favorite cut of white meat. It’s easy to cook, has plenty of flavor, and doesn’t need much fuss, ESPECIALLY when you cook it in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot lets you sear, cook, and sauce the pork, all in the same pot. Then it’s just a matter of shredding the meat and adding the BBQ Sauce.
Get ready for a family dinner that you’ll definitely make again! This one’s always a hit and so easy for busy weeknights.
Related: Instant Pot Baby Carrots Side Dish
Tips For Making BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches In The Instant Pot
What I love about this recipe is, of course, the quick cooking method. The Instant Pot has taken kitchens by storm, and the pressure cooker method of cooking produces tender meats in far less time than traditional oven roasting. If you’ve never used an Instant Pot before, don’t stress! Just follow the recipe settings, and your pork will turn out amazing.
Tips For Using An Instant Pot
No doubt, pressure cooking can be daunting if you’ve never done it before. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be pumping out tasty, easy meals in no time. Here are a few basic tips that you should know if you’ve never used an Instant Pot before:
- The steam that is released from the Instant Pot is extremely hot. Be careful not to put any body parts in the path of the steam.
- Replace the sealing ring on your Instant Pot regularly.
- The sealing ring on an Instant Pot is made from silicone, which is ideally suited to the purpose because it’s heat resistant and flexible. Replace it regularly to ensure the seal is secure.
Other Ideas For Your BBQ Pulled Pork
Pulled pork is super versatile. There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this BBQ pulled pork. It’s always so tender from the Instant Pot. We use it for sandwiches, on top of salads or stuff it into enchiladas. You can even use it in tacos. If you’re feeling creative, use a different sauce than BBQ. It’s the perfect protein base to use in many meal ideas.
How To Store Leftover BBQ Pulled Pork
Once your pork has cooled, transfer it to an airtight food storage container. For the best freshness, enjoy the pulled pork within 5-6 days of cooking it. To reheat the pork, I like to keep it simple. Use a microwave, and heat on high for 2-3 minutes until heated. Add more BBQ sauce as needed.
Can You Freeze BBQ Pulled Pork?
Yes! I love to freeze BBQ pulled pork to eat in the future. Freeze it for up to three months. Store the leftovers in the back of the freezer where the temperature is more stable. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Add more BBQ sauce as needed.
Ingredients In Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2-3 lbs pork loin: mine was 2.10 lbs (which works for our family of five).
- 1 cup water: all Instant Pot recipes need that liquid.
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce: pick any sauce you want, from mustard to sweet!
- Hamburger buns: I buy whatever is on sale.
Directions To Make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Place water into Instant Pot and place pork loin in the pot. Close the instant pot lid and the pressure release valve. Heat on manual, high pressure for 60 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, let steam release naturally for 20 minutes. Next, Quick Release the steam and open the Instant Pot.
Carefully use 2 forks to shred the pork. The meat and liquid will be hot. Use tongs to remove the shredded meat from the pot and place it into a large mixing bowl.
Discard the liquid in the pot. Stir your favorite sauce into the shredded pork and mix well. If necessary, return to pot and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
Serve on hamburger buns with extra sauce if necessary.
- 2-3 lbs pork loin (mine was 2.10lbs)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Bottle of your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- Place water into instant pot and place pork loin in pot. Close the instant pot lid and the pressure release valve. Heat on manual, high pressure for 60 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, let steam release naturally for 20 minutes. Quick release steam and open the instant pot.
- Carefully use 2 forks to shred the pork. The meat and liquid will be hot. Use tongs to remove the shredded meat from the pot and place into a large mixing bowl. Discard liquid in the pot.
- Stir your favorite sauce into the shredded pork and mix well. If necessary, return to pot and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Serve on hamburger buns with extra sauce if necessary.
- Store leftover BBQ pork in the refrigerator. For best freshness, enjoy within 3-4 days of making it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 676Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 272mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 91g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.