Stay warm with a bowl of this delicious Creamy Greek Lemon Soup. It’s perfect for a cool fall or winter evening. Our whole family enjoys it with a piece of crunchy French loaf bread. It tastes exactly like the soup you can get at any Greek diner! The best part is that you can make it all in own bowl or even put it in a slow cooker to enjoy after your work day.
What To Serve With Greek Soup
This is a one-bowl meal. I love that it’s so filling and comforting. You don’t necessarily need to add anything else with it because the chicken and rice add bulk. However, it’s great with a loaf of French bread and a side salad. You can serve it alongside a traditional Greek salad with Kalamata olives.
Reheating Lemon Greek Soup
After making, store your soup in an air-tight container. You can reheat it as leftovers several ways. Pour it back into a medium stock pan and reheat over medium to high heat until warmed. Or pour an individual serving in an Microwave-Friendly Soup Mug (commissioned link) – which is my favorite way. I enjoy my mug of leftover soup while watching a great movie on the couch. Just start a fire and you’ve got a perfect winter night.
How To Make Greek Lemon Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Bay Leafs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 6-8 chicken tender, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup Arborio Rice
- Juice from 2 Lemon
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Dill Weed
- In Dutch Oven add olive oil and diced onion. Saute the onions over med/high heat 5-6 min until Onions are translucent. Add minced garlic and saute' until fragrant.
- Add Chicken Broth, Bay Leaf, lemon pepper, Salt, Pepper, and chicken. Bring to boil over med/high heat for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 min.
- Remove chicken tenders and shred using a fork. Add Chicken back to the dutch oven.
- Add your un-cooked rice to the soup mixture. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the Bay Leafs.
- In a small bowl add your eggs and lemon juice.
Whisk to combine.
- Carefully add in 1 ladle of the broth to the egg mixture, whisk to combine.
- Add egg mixture to the soup mixture. Stir to combine. Add in minced dill. Stir to combine. Garnish with Lemon Slices.
Store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator. Reheat over the stove on medium to high heat for 15 minutes, then reduce to a simmer. Or microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 649mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g
Pin For Later: