Introducing my kids to a variety of spices is important to me. I love serving exotic flavors to widen their palette, but I also like keeping dinnertime easy. Weeknight dinners have to come together quickly, be hearty enough to satisfy and be easy recipes that I can keep using. This Easy Indian Butter Chicken With Homemade Naan Bread is a favorite!
The secret to robust flavors without much time in the kitchen is using Passage To India simmer sauces. The Passage to India brand includes easy-to-use, authentic flavored simmer sauces which allow me to make Indian recipe cooking easy. Each sauce is developed by specialty chefs from the region of origin.
I can feel good about serving the sauces because they use only wholesome, all naturals ingredients. They are all non-GMO, BPA, and Gluten-free. Our family enjoys both Passage to India simmer sauce flavors:
- Tikki Masala
- Butter Chicken
To start, just brown off your diced chicken on the stove. Then add the simmer sauce and cover to cook longer. To complete our meal, I serve it over white rice and top cilantro. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
For an added authentic feel, I make my own Homemade Naan Bread recipe. You can easily make it ahead of time and warm it in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
Homemade Naan Bread Recipe: Serve With Indian Butter Chicken
Naan bread is actually much easier to make than most people think. Even though you leave it to rest for 30-45 minutes, don’t expect it to rise much. When it’s time to cook, you can substitute a lightly oiled pan over the stovetop if you don’t have a grill.
My recipe includes a bit of garlic to add a deeper earthy flavor. You can always add more or less, depending on what your preference is.
Easy Indian Butter Chicken With Homemade Naan Bread Recipe
How to make homemade naan bread to accompany an easy butter chicken Indian cuisine dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, with extra for working
- Combine water, sugar, yeast and garlic powder in a bowl and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add salt and flour. Mix well.
- Knead dough on a floured workspace for 20 minutes and form into a ball. Place dough in well-oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel.
- Place in a warm spot for 30-45 minutes.
- Place dough on floured workspace and divide into 8 pieces. Roll dough out to 1/8 thick.
- Grill naan pieces on a grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Follow Passage Foods on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Thursday 4th of October 2018
This looks incredible!