Introducing my kids to a variety of spices is important to me. I love serving exotic flavors to widen their palette, but I also like keeping dinnertime easy. Weeknight dinners have to come together quickly, be hearty enough to satisfy and be easy recipes that I can keep using. This Easy Indian Butter Chicken With Homemade Naan Bread is a favorite!
The secret to robust flavors without much time in the kitchen is using Passage To India simmer sauces. The Passage to India brand includes easy-to-use, authentic flavored simmer sauces which allow me to make Indian recipe cooking easy. Each sauce is developed by specialty chefs from the region of origin.
I can feel good about serving the sauces because they use only wholesome, all naturals ingredients. They are all non-GMO, BPA, and Gluten-free. Our family enjoys both Passage to India simmer sauce flavors:
- Tikki Masala
- Butter Chicken
To start, just brown off your diced chicken on the stove. Then add the simmer sauce and cover to cook longer. To complete our meal, I serve it over white rice and top cilantro. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
For an added authentic feel, I make my own Homemade Naan Bread recipe. You can easily make it ahead of time and warm it in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
Homemade Naan Bread Recipe: Serve With Indian Butter Chicken
Naan bread is actually much easier to make than most people think. Even though you leave it to rest for 30-45 minutes, don’t expect it to rise much. When it’s time to cook, you can substitute a lightly oiled pan over the stovetop if you don’t have a grill.
My recipe includes a bit of garlic to add a deeper earthy flavor. You can always add more or less, depending on what your preference is.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, with extra for working
- Combine water, sugar, yeast and garlic powder in a bowl and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add salt and flour. Mix well.
- Knead dough on a floured workspace for 20 minutes and form into a ball. Place dough in well-oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel.
- Place in a warm spot for 30-45 minutes.
- Place dough on floured workspace and divide into 8 pieces. Roll dough out to 1/8 thick.
- Grill naan pieces on a grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Follow Passage Foods on social media: