If there was ever a seasonal favorite product that people hunt down, it’s the Blue Bell Christmas Cookies Ice Cream. It sells out every year and fans rave about it. My kids love it so much that we’re constantly keeping it stocked in our freezer. It inspired me to create this Copycat Blue Bell Christmas Cookies Ice Cream recipe to save some grocery money. Made with sweetened condensed milk, it comes out creamy every time and has your favorite holiday treats blended in.
You don’t need an ice cream maker for delicious homemade ice cream. It’s actually quite simple to make and you won’t get an icy texture. Creamy, smooth and rich ice cream can be made without churning. There’s no freezing bowls or waiting for custard to turn with this recipe. It’s simple and makes the most indulgent ice cream you’ve ever tasted.
Looking for more homemade ice cream recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth? Try Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream for more holiday flavor. My No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream and No-Churn Peach Ice Cream are the summer sister recipes.
What Does No-Churn Mean?
Essentially, no-churn means that you won’t need an ice cream maker. It only takes a few hours for this Copycat Blue Bell Christmas Cookies Ice Cream to be scooped and ready to enjoy. Egg custards are what we use in ice cream machines. They’re delicate and temperamental. This recipe doesn’t use a custard ice cream. Instead, you’re working with three ingredients.
The Secret Ingredients Of Christmas Cookies Ice Cream
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream Without a Machine
To make homemade ice cream without a machine, you’ll get a little bit of an arm workout in. You’ll whip the three base ingredients together until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Next, you can fold in any desired flavorings or mix-ins. This is when you’ll add the cookies, frostings and sprinkles.
Once you’ve made your base, you’ll need containers for freezing. Did know that a metal container will freeze the ice cream faster and better than a glass pan? I suggest using actual ice cream containers, or bread loaf pans if you don’t have other options.
Lastly, you’ll be freezing your ice cream. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. Once it’s made, just store the ice cream in the freezer and make individual portions for serving.
How Long Does Homemade Ice Cream Last?
This homemade no-churn ice cream will last for 6 months in the freezer. Keep the container tightly sealed to prevent freezer burn. I like to store my ice cream towards the back of the freezer where the temperature is more stable. It won’t melt slightly when someone leaves the freezer door open.
Directions To Make Copycat Blue Bell Christmas Cookies Ice Cream
Add the vanilla extract. Fold the cookies into the ice cream mixture.
Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan or any other freezer-safe container. Pipe the red and green icing over the ice cream and cookie pieces.
Continue creating layers, ending with a layer of the ice cream mixture. Top with the colored sugar. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls or cones.
- 2 cups Christmas sugar cookies, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red frosting (Pillsbury)
- 1/4 cup green frosting (Pillsbury)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour in the sweetened condensed milk while continuing to beat the mixture. Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold the cookies into the ice cream mixture.
- Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan or any other freezer-safe container. Pipe the red and green icing over the ice cream and cookie pieces.
- Continue creating layers, ending with a layer of the ice cream mixture. Top with the colored sugar.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or until the ice cream is firm. When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls or cones.
- Store ice cream in the freezer for up to six months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.