The classic Pixar movie that Millennials grew up with is officially making it’s Disney parks appearance. Toy Story Land is the newest addition to Walt Disney World and it’s opening June 30th 2018. Renderings and exciting updates from the Disney Parks Blog have given us some great information that we can piece together. I had the opportunity to talk to a Disney Imagineer at Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and got the inside scoop. From the first announcement at D23 Expo to the latest news, here are 10 Things We Know About Toy Story Land.
10 Things We Know About Toy Story Land
- The new area is an addition to Hollywood Studios which has been undergoing major construction updates for the past 1 1/2 years. The 11-acre area will transport guests into the adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard.
- The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.
- Guests will think they’ve been shrunk to the size of Woody and Buzz as they are surrounded by oversized toys that Andy has assembled using his vivid imagination. Using toys like building blocks, plastic buckets and shovels, and game board pieces, Andy has designed the perfect setting for this land, which will include two new attractions.
- The Mini Babybel cheese brand will be prominently featured at a quick-service window within the new Toy Story Land.
- As part of the design, Andy has taken a vintage Woody-themed lunch box and propped it open with a thermos to turn it into Woody’s Lunch Box that dishes out all sorts of tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats. He completed the area with a classic book and toys strewn about, along with items from his lunch box.
- Alien Swirling Saucers attraction will immerse guests in the playful environment of some of Andy’s most beloved toys. Inspired by the first Toy Story film, the attraction is designed to look like a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet. The Toy Story Aliens will playfully try to capture guests ride vehicle with ‘The Claw’.
- Guests will whoosh along on a family-friendly roller coaster – Slinky Dog Dash. It’s a a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Slinky and Jessie.
- Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008.
- Toy Story Mania will now have a third track. The popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.
- The grand opening of Toy Story Land will be June 30th, 2018, as part of the ‘Incredible Summer’ experience.
For more updates follow Fit Disney Mom on social media:
You may also like: 100 Unconventional Things to Pack for Disney
PIN FOR LATER:
All photos ©Disney2018