When I’ve got a hankering for something to snack on, I always want to eat something savory. This Spicy Oyster Crackers recipe is addictive, crunchy and savory. Everyone loves munching on it for cocktail hour, while watching the game or as an afternoon snack. I’ll make a big batch and have it ready to go for unexpected company. Want double the options? Try my Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers too!
My grandma is the one who originally introduced me to seasoned crackers. She used to make these all the time. You can even pass them out during the holiday season, as a homemade gift idea. Everyone was always asking her for the recipe.
You could use a traditional Saltine cracker, but I like the shape and size of the Oyster Crackers. You can scoop up a handful and much away or use it as topping on soups.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier and you don’t even have to warm up the oven. This will be a classic that you make over and over again.
Crunchy & Spicy Oyster Crackers Recipe (No-Bake)
You’re basically just adding all of the ingredients to a big gallon baggie and shaking away! That’s it. Super easy, right? They’ll last for about 6 weeks in your pantry (if you have any leftovers at all).
When To Serve These Crackers & What To Serve Them With
I love making these for a cocktail hour, game day or to pass out as gifts. I just have them ready to go in my pantry. Serve them with a nice selection of craft beer and you’ve got a great snack. Personally, I crack a Diet Coke and munch on them in the afternoons.
What You’ll Need To Buy At The Store:
- Oyster Crackers
- Canola Oil
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes
How To Make This Spicy Oyster Crackers Recipe
Mix the oil with spices and pour over the crackers. You can cut the spice in half, to one tablespoon, if you like it less spicy. It’s personal preference. Mix around in the bag until all the oil is absorbed. I shake it, let it sit, shake again and repeat the process until absorbed.
The crackers are even more delicious the next day. So if you’re having an event, make them the day prior and they’ll be ready to go. Store leftovers in an air-tight container too. Enjoy!
- 9 oz oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried red pepper flakes (more or less as desired)
- Mix the oil with spices and pour over the crackers. If you'd like it less spicy, then cut the dried pepper flakes in half.
- Mix around in a gallon zip freezer bag until all the oil is absorbed. I shake it multiple times and let it sit for a while.
- Make them ahead of time before an event and they'll last in your pantry. Store in an air-tight container.
- Make these Spicy Oyster Crackers as a homemade holiday gift idea.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container. They'll last in your pantry for 6 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.