Crepes are so versatile and a fantastic base for so many toppings. This Spicy Banana and Shrimp Crepes Recipe is full of flavor and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Bananas offer an unexpected twist and the ginger dressing is a great topping to cap it off. This recipe, created by Dole, is inspired by the Beast from the new live-action ‘Beauty and The Beast’ film.
Dole has partnered with Disney to help parents encourage their families to make healthier eating choices. Families can now purchase DOLE Bananas, Pineapples, Salads and Vegetables adorned with characters from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” to create delicious, nutritious Dole recipes inspired by the Disney film- like this Spicy Banana and Shrimp Crepes Recipe.
I made this, together with my Husband, and it came together so quickly. You can definitely make homemade crepes, but I like keeping it simple during the weeknights. Store-bought tasted great and the we kept the focus on the stuffing ingredients. I’m all about easy and healthy meals mid week!
26 minPrep Time
26 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced DOLE® Green Onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced red chili
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 firm DOLE Bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 6 cups DOLE Spring Mix
- 16 DOLE Asparagus, cooked
- Ginger Dressing (recipe below)
- 4 store-bought or homemade crepe
- Heat sesame oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté green onions, garlic and red chili, about 2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and banana slices, cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Remove and set aside.
- Toss spring mix and asparagus with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette, set aside.
- Place crepes on four serving plates. Position the spring mix and asparagus over half the crepe.
- Arrange the shrimp-banana mixture on top and fold over the crepe. Serve immediately.
- Ginger Dressing:
- Combine 3 tablespoons sliced DOLE Green Onions, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, 1-1/2 teaspoons honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons water, 1 teaspoon minced garlic in a small bowl. Makes about 1/3 cup.
To celebrate the new live-action “Beauty and The Beast”, you can enter Dole and Disney’s: “There’s Beauty in Healthy Living” Sweepstakes (Ends April 16th, 2017). Participants can answer a character-inspired quiz for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) travel package to the Orlando, Florida, area for winner and up to three (3) guests with roundtrip airfare, 5-day/4-night stay at a resort hotel, four (4) days of theme park tickets and Four (4) days/nights of dining plans.
- Five (5) First Prizes: One (1) 13-piece Patina Vie Beauty and the Beast plate and glassware package and five (5) Dole fruit or vegetable coupons.
- Ten (10) Second Prizes: each winner to receive a $50 movie gift card.