Our family was given complimentary tickets to write about SeaWorld Orlando Toddler Attractions, but all opinions are my own.
SeaWorld Orlando is known for their amazing coasters, but they also have so much to offer youngsters. Both my toddler and preschooler love the rides, shows and food that they offer. Here are my top 5 SeaWorld Orlando toddler attractions that they’ll love! Plus, I’ve got some practical tips about watching the shows with young kids and strollers in the park.
As a reminder: kids under three are free!
6 SeaWorld Orlando Toddler Attractions They’ll Love
The Animal Encounters
Upon entering the park, grab a map or download the free park app that has a digital map. Animal encounters are located throughout the park and are least crowded when the park first opens. My kids love the Dolphin Nursery and Flamingos.
You can either let them stay in their strollers or SeaWorld has several different viewing areas – from underwater views to standing on bridges and overlooking. This is a great way to give them some time outside of the stroller without much worry.
I’m so excited that SeaWorld Orlando makes each show as family-friendly as possible. The shows are no more than 30 minutes. Arrive a few minutes prior to the show starting because there isn’t a bad seat in the theaters.
SeaWorld Orlando let’s kids who fall asleep stay in their strollers, which I love. Ask an usher for the nearest stroller seating and keep the kids asleep. This is great if you have an older and younger one, like I do.
The Dolphin Show and One Ocean kept both my toddler and preschooler entertained. You can even opt to sit in “splash zones” which is even more fun for little ones.
Feed The Animals
Of all the SeaWorld Orlando toddler attractions, my oldest loves this the most. At the shark and sea lion exhibit, food is available to feed the animals. It’s $5 per one tray of food or you can purchase 3 for a slight discounted rate.
The SeaWorld Ambassadors show guests how to feed the animals and the kids can participate without much assistance. Hand washing stations are nearby for afterwards.
Character Meet & Greets
Kids can meet their favorite Sesame Street friends at SeaWorld Orlando. The lines aren’t crazy, which is awesome for little ones with short attention. They have photographers available, and you get a card to view your photos before you leave the park to purchase. Also, you can ask the photographer to snap a photo with your smart phone.
Cool off from the sun and take the kid into the aquarium area that’s across from Dolphin Theater. This is a stroller-free area, but it’s a short walk for kids. The aquarium offers a panoramic view of sea life.
Coming in 2019, for the first time at SeaWorld Orlando, the park will have a daily parade that features Elmo and other characters. Children can visit re-created sets from the popular television show — including Mr. Hooper’s store, Big Bird’s nest and 123 stoop — and wet and dry play areas as well as go on rides. The park expansion will be over 6 acres of new fun for kids.
Currently, there are several rides available for young children. There is a train ride and classic carousel. If you hit those attractions in the morning, there is little to no lines.
Tips For Strollers at SeaWorld Orlando
Finally, guests can bring their own strollers into the park or rent a stroller. I paid for a preferred parking (which is $30 for 2018 pricing) – that way there’s no stress about taking the stroller on a tram and folding it.
Additionally, if you need to use your special needs family member’s stroller as a wheelchair, simply go to guest services at any park, and they can provide you with the appropriate tag for the stroller. This stroller as wheelchair tag enables your special needs family member to remain in the stroller while queuing for attractions or seeing shows that otherwise require strollers to be parked outside. Team Members will see the stroller tag and direct you to the ride or seating accordingly.
- Single Stroller Rental is $20
- Double Stroller Rental is $25
- You can reserve strollers online
- Stroller parking is crowded during showtimes – label your stroller to make it stand out
- Stroller rentals are located on the left-hand side after passing the lighthouse when entering the park
SeaWorld Orlando Height Requirements Per Ride
- Journey to Atlantis®: 42″ (107 cm) or taller
- Guests between 42″ and 48″ tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion (a guest who is 14 years of age or older).
- Kraken®: 54″ (137 cm) or taller
- Wild Arctic: 42″ (107 cm) or taller
- Guests between 42″ and 48″ tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion
- Shamu Express: 38″ (97 cm) or taller
- Guests between 38″ and 41″ tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion
- Sea Carousel – Jazzy Jellies – Swishy Fishies – Ocean Commotion – Flying Fiddler: 42″ (122 cm) or taller
- Guests shorter than 42″ tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion
- Hand held infants may not ride these rides.
- Sky Tower: 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Guests under 48″ tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion
- Hand held infants are permitted to ride with a supervising companion
- Manta®: 54″ (137 cm) or taller
- Mako™: 54″ (137 cm) or taller
Related Post: Everything You Need To Know About Discovery Cove
Follow SeaWorld on social media: