The 2018 Run Disney Princess Half Marathon registration opens May 2nd, 2017 at noon est. Princess Half Marathon registration can be competitive and 2018 is the 10th anniversary year for the half marathon and the 5th anniversary for Glass Slipper Challenge (now called the ‘Fairy Tale Challenge’). For a successful and stress-free princess half marathon registration, it’s all about planning ahead. If you’re prepared with the information you need to know, you’ll save time during the registration process and won’t lose your spot in Run Disney’s virtual queue. I’ve got my best registration tips to help you successfully complete your first step as a Run Disney princess runner.
Princess Half Marathon Registration Tips
- Register for an Active.com account prior to registration day. It’s the registration system that they use. You can save basic personal info to save time.
- Let your credit card company know that you’ll be making a larger purchase. You don’t want to have any registration day issues.
- Be on your computer 5 minutes early. Be ready to register before the noon opening time. DVC & Annual Pass holders can access early registration on their personal pages. For general registration, they open the link at noon. If too many people are trying to register at once, you may be placed in a “queue”.
- Have a backup device available, such as an iPad.
- If you’re running with friends & family, have everyone register themselves. You’ll have a better chance of everybody getting in.
- Register for popular races first! Challenges, 10ks and 5ks sell out first. Anniversary years also cause a quick sell out.
- Have your shirt size, estimated finish time and credit card ready. You don’t need to know your exact estimated finish time. If you input that you’ll finish under 2:45, then you can enter your proof of time at a later date.
- Have a backup device. I keep my iPad nearby, just in case something happens with my connection.
Register for the kid’s races while you’re at it! They have become increasingly popular. After you’ve taken care of yourself, register the kids.
- You can buy commemorative items, race retreats and cheer squads later. Don’t focus on them now.
Print out a copy of your confirmation & save the confirmation email.
The link to register will open at Noon Eastern Standard Time on Run Disney’s Princess Half Marathon page, in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to follow Run Disney, on social media, for any updates.
Run Disney on Social Media:
All Photos: ©RunDisney