Cold winter months means I’m on the hunt for dinners that bring comfort. Soup is something that warms the soul and it’s a one-bowl meal with easy cleanup. I love that broth soups, like this Roasted Cauliflower Rice Soup With Tomato Parmesan, don’t add excess calories either. The cauliflower rice makes it seem rich, but it’s low-carb perfection.
When I’m focused on losing weight and feeling better, soups are my go-to. This one is full of vegetables. The fiber helps you feel full longer. If you eat it for lunch, it’s filling enough to hold you over until dinner.
I make a big batch over the weekend and enjoy it throughout the week. It makes meal planning so simple and easy.
I also love that you don’t need to rice the cauliflower yourself. Green Giant makes bagged cauliflower that you can find in the produce section. Use that as a shortcut for this recipe.
It’s all about saving time! Meal prep is supposed to be easy and I believe there’s nothing wrong with a few shortcuts to help out. You’re going to love this easy recipe – I promise.
Roasted Cauliflower Rice Soup With Tomato Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350º. Brush olive oil onto a baking sheet.
Roast cauliflower rice and tomato slices on the baking sheet.
Stir halfway through.
After roasting time has completed, add all of the ingredients – including the roasted vegetables – into a large stockpot. I prefer to use one of my non-stick pots.
Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, reducing to a simmer once soup comes to a boil. At this point, your kitchen will smell AMAZING.
Serve by itself, with a small salad or a French baguette – if you aren’t watching carbs. Then pat yourself on the back for making a healthy and delicious meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/8 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Brush olive oil onto a baking sheet
- Roast cauliflower rice and tomato slices onto the baking sheet for 20 minutes, then stir halfway through.
- After roasting time has completed, add all of the ingredients and the roasted vegetables into the stock pot.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Reduce to a simmer after bringing to a boil.
Pin For Later: