I’m the type of person who loves fall. BRING IT ON. As soon as Labor Day is over with, I’m pulling out all of our Halloween decor and celebrating the season. However, living in the South, means we’ve got 90+ degree weather until October. How can we celebrate fall when it’s hot as balls? Pumpkin Spice Margarita. Drinking these will certainly help you stay refreshed when it’s scorching hot, but still celebrate the upcoming cooler months.
There’s nothing I don’t love about margaritas and making them at home is easy to do. A bit of tequila, a splash of liqueur, and you’ve got a great tasting cocktail that you can flavor however you like. My Husband and I developed the Pumpkin Spice Margarita because there was a definitely a need for a transitional cocktail.
Recipe intended for readers 21+ Please enjoy responsibly
Pumpkin Spice Margarita Recipe
Most people have a great tequila as part of their home bar. It’s a versatile alcohol and easy to create margaritas with. It’s the base of any traditional margarita and you don’t have to buy “the best” for a great tasting cocktail. Mid-grade will be perfectly acceptable for your Pumpkin Spice Margaritas.
Sip away on these margaritas for Halloween, Thanksgiving or relaxing by the fire pit. I think of all my southern readers who love fall, like me, but are dealing with heat waves until October – this recipe is for you!
How To Buy Tequila For Your Pumpkin Spice Margarita
Confused by the world of tequila? Don’t be! While tequila has a long and rich history, the market today makes it easy to purchase without much hassle. If you have a “cheap burn” from tequila still ingrained from your college years, it’s time to upgrade your choice.
It comes from the blue agave plant. There are two categories: mixto and 100% agave tequila. You want to avoid the mixto versions to keep clear from the “cheap burn” aftertaste. Blanco or Reposado tequilas are a great pick for these Pumpkin Spice Margaritas. You can purchase those types of tequilas and then decide on your price point.
What To Buy For Your Pumpkin Spice Margarita Recipe:
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh lemon juice
- 100% pumpkin puree
- Cointreau [ or triple sec ]
- Ice cubes
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- Splash of Grand Marnier
- Optional – Cinnamon Stick For Garnish
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 tbsp 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 splash Cointreau [ or triple sec ]
- 1 splash water
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Splash of Grand Marnier
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish
- Optional - Sugar (for rim) and Light Karo Syrup
- Add ice to a martini shaker.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, pumpkin puree, triple sec, and Grand Marnier to shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass over ice.
- Optional: lightly dip cocktail glass rim into Light Karo Syrup and dip into sugar before pouring.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- If you don't have cinnmaon sticks, you can garnish with a twist of orange.
- If you prefer a salt rim, use water and Kosher salt to make the salted rim.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.