Dips are my absolute favorite at parties. They’re so versatile and easy to throw together. This is the original hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe that everyone raves about. Whenever I make this dip, there’s a crowd around it because it’s so popular. You won’t come home with any leftovers and this dip only takes minutes to prep before baking. I think that’s why everyone has loved it over the years!
This recipe calls for cooked chicken. That’s what makes it thick and delicious. There are so many different sources you could use for cooked chicken. Canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or boiled chicken breast would work. Boneless cooked chicken is what you want. Here are 4 easy ways to shred chicken if you need help. Sometimes I’ll make this dip when I have leftover chicken from a different recipe.
Tips For Making Buffalo Chicken Dip
For this recipe, you’ll need a shallow baking dish. I used an 8×8-inch baking dish. If you want to double the recipe, use a 9×13-inch baking dish. The recipe makes 6 servings, so double it for a larger party. As long as it’s a shallow baking dish, it will cook the dip evenly.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead Of A Party
If you want to prep this dip ahead of time, before an event, follow the recipe directions until baking. Keep the unbaked dip in the refrigerator. Cover the dip with plastic wrap. When it’s time to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
Every dip needs dippers! I love using crackers, chips, pretzels or even vegetables. Carrots and celery are perfect for the dip because it mimics buffalo chicken wings. If you’re prepping for a party, be sure that your vegetables are refrigerated and don’t put out the crackers or chips until the last minute.
How To Store Leftovers
Either transfer the dip to an airtight food storage container or cover the baking dish with plastic wrap. For best freshness, enjoy the dip within 4-5 days of making it. Keep the leftovers refrigerated. Buffalo Chicken Dip can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What You’ll Need From The Grocery Store:
- Shredded Cooked Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Wings Sauce
- Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: Green Onions For Garnish
Directions To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Scoop into a shallow baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, turn the oven to 375ºF. Stir all the contents together making sure no large pockets of cream cheese are forming.
Mix well return to oven for 7-10 min or until bubbly. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels and/or vegetables.
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop into a shallow 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and turn the oven to 375ºF.
- Stir all the contents together, making sure no large pockets of cream cheese are forming.
- Mix well and return to oven for 7-10 min or until bubbly
- Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, and/or vegetables.
- Store leftover dip in an airtight food storage container.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 576mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.