To celebrate Mickey Mouse’s upcoming birthday, I’ve got a delicious Mickey Mouse Milkshake recipe. These freak shakes are so popular in restaurants, because they’re fun to make and even more fun to eat. You start with an original shake recipe and top it with tons of yummy treats.
Can you believe the mouse that started it all is now 90 years old? Happy birthday, Mickey Mouse! He’s always been a favorite in our home and both of my boys gravitated to him at such an early age. We start with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney Jr, at home, then we always make time to see him at the parks. I can’t imagine our life without him and all of the smiles he’s brought the world.
What makes this milkshake so special is the mouse ears of course! Let the kids help you make it and then enjoy as a family. Don’t forget – eat those ears first.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Winnie The Pooh Doughnuts
Mickey Mouse Milkshake Recipe
Assembling the milkshake isn’t as hard as it looks. So don’t feel overwhelmed. The instructions are divided into three sections – the topping, the middle and the shake. Most of it comes together pretty quickly and using the photo for reference will help guide you. Kids love scooping the ice cream and adding the candy melts to the pretzels.
I’d serve this for a fun Disney Movie Marathon night or when you return home from a Disney vacation and you’re feeling a little blue. It’s perfect for a special Disney occasion.
If you want to save the Mickey milkshake for a party, assemble the toppings and frost your mug before the party begins. Then been your milkshake right before you’re ready to serve. That will keep it less stressful on you. It’s definitely a showstopper drink!
- 1 bag of square pretzels
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 1 bag of mini M&M's (Brown picked out)
- 1 bag of M&M's (brown picked out)
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Bamboo Sticks
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 3 regular size yellow M&M's
- 3 regular size red M&M's
- 1 chocolate cake doughnut
- 1 bag of chocolate frosted donettes from hostess
- 1/2 C of mickey mouse sprinkles (can be found on amazon)
- 2 Cherry Gillyum stick
- 2 yellow candy melts
- 1 Peppermint Swirl Lollipop (Found on Oriental Trading or your local candy store)
- bamboo sticks
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 5 Scoops of Ben and Jerry's banana split ice cream
- 1/4 C milk
- Take two bamboo sticks and tape them together that way the pretzels will sit evenly onto the sticks.
- Place none broken pretzels onto the bamboo sticks about 4.
- Place a red candy melt onto the middle of the pretzel.
- Place into the oven for about 2-3 minutes or until to slightly melt. Pull out and place onto the counter.
- Immediately start place a regular M&M onto the chocolate in the middle for Mickey's head.
- Add two mini M&M to act as the ear above the regular size M&M.
- Once Mickey's have been placed let sit for about 15-20 minutes for candy melt to Harden.
- For the Candy Melt Decoration: Candy Melt Decoration: Using a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle in a few pieces of the candy melts and melt.
- Using tape and two bamboo sticks, tape the two sticks together. This will help hold the candy melts in place.
- Using the melted candy melt, add a little dollop onto the back of a red candy melt and place the candy melt onto the bamboo sticks.
- Repeat steps with the Yellow and Red candy melts, alternating between the two.
- Add a small dollop of melted candy melt onto the back of the regular size M&M and place onto a red candy melt. Repeat the step with two mini M&M. Set aside to dry for an hour.
- Directions to create the Mickey Doughnuts: Using melted candy melts, add a dollop onto the back of the two yellow candy melts
- Place the two yellow candy melt onto the middle side of the chocolate cake doughnut.
- Place a toothpick into the side of the chocolate frosted donette so that the doughnut is standing up.
- Place the toothpick into the Left and Right topside of the chocolate frosted doughnut to make Mickey's Ears. Set Aside.
- Directions to decorate the rim of the milkshake glass: Using a butterknife and the chocolate frosting, spread on frosting onto the rim of the glass, Sprinkle the Mickey sprinkles and lightly push down on the sprinkles so that they stick to the glass.
- Add three yellow M&M's onto the side of the frosting in the shape of Mickey's head. Repeat with the red M&M's. Set aside.
- For the Milkshake: Combine ice cream and milk into the blender and blend until smooth.
- How to assemble your shake: Pour the milkshake about 3/4 way into the prepared glass.
- Place the doughnut onto the top of the milkshake so that it sits on the rim of the glass
- Place the peppermint swirl lollipop into the back middle of the doughnut.
- Place the candy melt stick into the right side of the doughnut in front of the lollipop.
- Place the pretzel stick into the left side of the doughnut. Pipe whipped cream into the center of the doughnut
- Place the cherry sticks into the right side of the whipped cream. Sprinkle some mickey sprinkles onto the whipped cream & Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1287Total Fat: 77gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 139gFiber: 3gSugar: 106gProtein: 14g
**Nutrition is calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.