My favorite time of the year to be in the kitchen, is when I kick off my fall baking. I just love the scents of fall that fill your kitchen and feeling the warmth from the oven. These Chewy Apple Maple Whiskey Blondies are one of my family’s favorite recipes and they’re always requesting it. Made with chunks of fresh apple and topped with a glaze, it’s just the perfect way to use an abundance of apples from the orchard.
Every year, our family heads to North Georgia to pick up fresh apples from the orchards (we’ve been going to R and A Orchards for years). My kids love to visit the orchard and see how many apples they can pick, which always leads me to finding some creative new recipes in the kitchen.
I took traditional blondies to the next level and adapted them for fall. Blondies are a quintessential dessert bar. Unlike cookies, you don’t have to wait for several trays to bake in the oven. That gives me more time with the family, but still a delicious dessert that everyone loves.
Adding fresh chunks of apple just gave them a bit of extra texture and I’m a huge fan of boozy desserts – so the whiskey was a given. It’s a great addition of flavor that compliments the maple. You’ve got some great fall flavors in one Apple Maple Whiskey Blondie.
Looking for some other apple recipes with fresh apples? I’ve got you covered:
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Recipe
- Mini Apple Pie Trifle Recipe
- Stupid Easy Apple Dump Cake With Fresh Apples
Chewy Apple Maple Whiskey Blondies Recipe
I love making dessert bars because you get a big batch of bars from one tray and they’re all going to be the same consistency. When you make cookies, you don’t get that – some are more chewy or more crispy. With bars, your entire pan will come out in uniform and you just cut them after cooling.
What To Serve With Apple Maple Whiskey Blondies
These are so great with a cup of coffee and I’m even guilty for enjoying one at breakfast time. However, they’re next-level awesome with some vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Getting a bit of cold ice cream with chewy blondies on your spoon is the best bite. The flavors just explode in your mouth.
How To Store Leftover Apple Blondies
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container. Enjoy the leftovers for another 3-4 days after baking for best freshness. You can also freeze leftover blondies and enjoy several months later (up to 4 months later) and let them thaw again before serving.
What Type of Whiskey To Use
You don’t have to use top-shelf whiskey when you make these Apple Maple Whiskey Blondies because you’re just looking for a brand that offers a bit of spice. Since the whiskey is in the glaze, the alcohol will not bake off. I’ve used a Jim Bean and a Jack Daniels whiskey for this recipe and they both work. If all you have is top-shelf, then go for it!
What You’ll Need From The Store To Make These Blondies:
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Chopped Pecans
- Powdered Sugar
Step-By-Step Directions To Make Apple Maple Whiskey Blondies
Using a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon until combined. Using a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until a batter forms. Fold in the chopped pecans and apples.
Spread the batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk all the glaze ingredients together until combined and smooth Spread evenly over the blondies and allow the glaze to harden. Cut and enjoy!
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened 1⁄4 C sugar
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tso ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 C chopped pecans
- 2 C chopped apples
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Whisky Maple Glaze
- 1 1⁄2 C powdered sugar 1⁄4 C whisky
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a medium bowl, toss the apple filling ingredients together until combined.
- Using a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon until combined.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until a batter forms.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and apples. Spread the batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, whisk all the glaze ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly over the blondies and allow the glaze to harden
Cut and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.