Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies With Glaze
Everyone always thinks of baking during the Winter, but there are some great baking recipes that are full of spring flavor. Lemon is a flavor that I crave during the spring. These Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are fluffy, soft and they’ve got that slightly sweet and tart lemon flavor. Plus, they couldn’t be any easier. Serve them alongside tea or as an afternoon snack.
If you’re not the best baker or you always tend to mess up cookies, this is a foolproof recipe you’re going to love. You use vegetable oil instead of butter, so you don’t have to worry about softening anything to room temperature.
Plus, all of your dry ingredients are already in the cake mix. Essentially, you’re just throwing everything together and dropping them onto the lined cookie sheet. I do use Sil Pats, but you can opt for parchment paper instead.
Related: Cherry Coconut Bars Recipe
How To Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use Sil Pats.
Add all cookie ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Beat on a medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth (about 2 minutes).
Using two spoons, drop cookie dough in 12 heaping teaspoons about 1 1/2 inches apart on each baking sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes until the tops look dry and don’t wiggle when you shake them. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
While the cookies cool, make the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
If you’d like a thinner glaze, add additional lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time. Drizzle, with a fork, over the cookies.
Allow the glaze to set for 15 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (For Glaze)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (For Glaze)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (For Glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all cookie ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Beat on a medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Using 2 spoons, drop cookie dough in 12 heaping tablespoons about 1 1/2 inches apart onto each cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the tops are dry and the cookies don't wiggle when you shake the pan. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract together. If you'd like a thinner glaze, add more lemon juice, one tablespoon at a time.
- Drizzle the glaze on each cooke and allow to set before serving (about 15 minutes).
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 166mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 14g Protein: 1g