Since I’ve been watching what I eat and making an effort to lose the baby weight, I’ve adopted a low-carb Keto diet. It’s all the rage right now and it’s basically very little carbs, moderate protein and high fat. Whether you’re on Keto or not, these Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers are Ah-mazing. They are easy to make and you can serve them as the perfect keto appetizer.
Everything is better with bacon – so crisp some bacon in a pan to get that perfect texture. Just create your mix, slice your pepper lengthwise and stuff. I baked mine in the oven, but you could also do it on the grill. If you use that alternative method, a pepper holder for the grill makes it a lot easier – you’d just stuff from the top instead of lying flat.
Whichever way you make these, I promise they’ll be a big hit with guests and nobody would guess that they’re low-carb healthy.
Keto Appetizer: Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat. Slice the mini sweet peppers long ways and remove the seeds. Combine the cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions and cooked bacon.
Generously fill each halved mini pepper.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Serve with a side salad or salsa and guacamole for dipping.
- 1 lb of mini sweet peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the mini sweet peppers long ways and remove the seeds.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions and cooked bacon.
- Generously fill each halved mini pepper.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Keto Chicken Thighs
Pin For Later: