Right now, it seems like every brand wants to team up with Disney. Designers know that the classic Disney characters we grew up with, make their sales rise. As a consumer, we LOVE to see the new Disney collaborations. It brings out the inner child in all of us.
Kate Spade, Coach, Vans and even Ethan Allen are teaming up with Disney to produce hot products that we can’t wait to get our hands on. I’ve seen Disney collaborations on every type of product imaginable- from beauty products to furniture, and everybody wants to own it!
With all of the Disney collaborations happening and most of it staying exclusive with limited availability, it’s hard to get your hands on it. You must be “in the know” and ready to buy as soon as the products are released. When the Disney Store released their Star Wars Elite series, many customers had to wait in long lines and then enter a raffle for the limited amount of product they had (Sadly, I know this first hand while trying to score some Star Wars loot for my husband).
If you’re looking to get your hands on some new designer Disney gear, I’ve got everything you need to know!
Tips to Score Designer Disney Gear
- Know About it Before It Goes Live! Most brands like to build hype before their product goes live. They release teasers or photos to help get customers excited. To keep up-to-date on the hottest new Disney collaborations, look no further than social media. My favorite Disney gear guru to follow is Corinne Andersson (Disneylifestylers) on Instagram. She gives everyone the latest scoop on the hot new Disney products. Follow her!
- Be Ready to Buy. Sign up to be on the company’s email list, so you’ll be alerted when the product is released. On release day, be ready to buy. Some companies even have exact times that product goes live. Be online or at the store, prior to the “Go Live” time. Make sure to create an account online, prior to the release date, so your credit card information is already entered.
- Hire a Personal Shopper. Can’t be there for a release day or missed out on a hot item already? Hire a personal shopper to help you. I’ve hired one for Dooney and Bourke and New Balance releases. They’ll shop for you, ship the product directly to you for a fee. You usually pay a 10% shoppers fee, plus the PayPal fee and tax. Amy from Pixie Dust Delivery Service, is my most trusted personal shopper.
- Take to Ebay. When all else fails and you can’t get your hands on a particular product, go to Ebay and search. You might pay a higher amount for the product, but it could be your last chance to score. Sometimes, gently used or vintage Disney items can be found as well. It’s worth checking out.
- Join Facebook Resale Groups. If you don’t mind second hand items, Facebook has some great Disney groups where sellers can post gently used items for buyers. Just be careful, buyer beware, that sale is between you and the seller. Be sure to research the item you are buying and ask any questions beforehand.
So keep your eyes peeled and get the inside scoop before your favorite brand teams up with Disney. It’s such a hot trend right now and everybody wants their Disney duds!