Since having kids, we’re always looking for a 30 minute dinner idea with easy clean up. Weeknight dinners need to be quick, easy to make and have quick clean up. I think every parent deserves a nice meal at the end of a long day, without having to pay for takeout every night. This quick Ham & Asparagus One Pot Pasta Recipe is the easy weeknight dinner you’re looking for!
The best part is only having one pot to clean up – from start to finish, everything goes into the same pot. I have a big Le Creuset 8 quart pasta pot that helps me throw together this weeknight dinner. To make it even easier, purchase your vegetables already sliced and chopped. For me, it’s worth the extra few dollars when time is tight on weeknights.
After a little prep and cooking, our family can relax and enjoy this hearty meal together. Even the kids eat it!
Bonus: This is a great meal for leftover Easter ham
Ham & Asparagus One Pot Pasta Recipe | Easy Weeknight Dinner Idea
Chop your ingredients ahead of time to make things even easier – or buy them chopped already.
Add butter, garlic and onion to a large stock pot and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper. It smells amazing!
Stir in ham, mushrooms, pasta and broth and mix well. Heat over medium high heat until boiling. You could use a low-sodium broth, if preferred.
Reduce heat to medium and boil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus and continue to boil for an additional 2 minutes or until pasta is done.
Yields 6-8 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 5-6 whole mushrooms)
- 8 ounces radiatore pasta (uncooked)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- salt and pepper
- Add butter, garlic and onion to a large stock pot and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in ham, mushrooms, pasta and broth and mix well.
- Heat over medium high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in asparagus and continue to boil for an additional 2 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Spoon into bowls and serve.
Pin For Later: