It never fails that I need a last minute holiday dessert every single year. Not only is it the most wonderful time of the year, but it’s also the craziest time of year for our family. That’s when I really like to keep things simple in the kitchen. I know I’ll be spending more time making things, so let’s keep it hassle free. These Easy Penguin Cookies are super cute, quick to make and kids LOVE them. You can even let the kids help out in creating them!
You can find the candy melts and cookies at your local grocery store. I love buying mine through Amazon or through Walmart. If you don’t want to use the sunflower seeds for the feet, opt for mini M&M candies instead. You’ll get the same effect!
How To Make These No Bake Easy Penguin Cookies
- Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1 tub, 16 oz, chocolate frosting
- Bright white candy melts
- Orange candy coated sunflower seeds
- Small candy eyes (1/4" or 7mm)
- Use a bread knife to cut a cookie in half. Cut each half into thirds to create 6 wedges. This will give you enough wings for 3 cookies. Set aside.
- Lay one cookie flat on a cutting board. Add a small amount of candy melts to a resealable sandwich bag but do not seal.
- Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Knead and flip the bag over and return to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat until candy is melted. Seal the bag and cut a small tip in the end.
- Pipe a "penguin heart shape face/body" onto a cookie, and use a knife to smooth it. Add eyes, beak, and feet. Let set to harden. Repeat on additional cookies.
- Add frosting to a cookie and stick 2 wing wedges into the frosting. Top with penguin face cookie.
Candy melts harden quickly, so you may want to work on one cookie at a time. And in very small batches of candy melts in the bag.
If you cannot find candy coated sunflower seeds, I'd suggest using mini M&Ms.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
**Nutritional facts are calculated by a third party. Actual values may vary.
Pin The Easy Penguin Cookies Later: