Holidays are the perfect time to make a showstopper dessert that draws your attention. For Easter, we always make a big brunch that’s complete with our favorite breakfast items, appetizers and plenty of dessert options. The showpiece of our holiday will be this adorable and delicious Easter Trifle dessert recipe. This one is so much fun to make and the kids love how colorful it is! Just layer cake, cool whip and pudding for a bright trifle dessert.
Whenever you make a trifle, you start by putting together your individual layers. Some of my favorite recipes are trifles because they just turn out so beautiful (like this Boozy Strawberry Trifle and 7 Layer Salad). For this recipe, you’ll create colorful layers of cake with food dye. That’ll give the trifle it’s awesome color.
The dessert serves 14-16 people. When you serve the trifle, you just scoop straight down and it pulls up all of the beautiful layers. Just serve with a cup of coffee!
How To Make Your Easter Trifle Dessert
- 1 Box White Cake Mix (and ingredients to make cake: egg, oil - See Box)
- Food Coloring In Neon And Regular Colors
- 1 Small Package, 3.4 oz, Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Tub, 8 oz, Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- Edible Easter Grass
- Marshmallow Bunny Peeps
- Sixlets Chocolate Candies In Pastel Colors
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Before pouring batter into the pan, divide batter into 4 bowls.
- Color each bowl of batter a different color with food coloring (see notes below for exact color amounts). Drop dollops of batter into pan and bake according to package directions. Let cake cool completely.
- Add pudding and milk together and whisk well until dissolved. Refrigerate for five minutes.
- Cut cake in half and cut each half into small 1" cubes. Place half of the cake into the trifle dish, top with half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the cake, pudding and whipped topping.
- Use a small amount of edible grass and roll it into a nest shape. Place on top of the trifle and repeat until you have 6 nests.
- Top each nest with a marshmallow bunny and sprinkle with candies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is such an easy, cute and fun Easter Dessert idea. You can also addapt the recipe to any flavors that you prefer. It's a refreshing and light dessert too.
- McCormick makes great neon food coloring
- Here are the exact amount of food coloring drops to use: Pink - neon pink, 10 drops | Purple - neon purple, 10 drops | Blue - neon blue, 10 drops | Yellow - regular yellow, 10 drops
- You can also make this cake the day before as well as the pudding (store covered in the fridge) and assemble the day of serving.
- When I serve this, I scoop down to the first layer of whipped topping. then drop into a bowl. Once the top layer is gone, I move into serving the bottom layer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 66mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Pin For Later: