Mix it up at your next Thanksgiving meal! Change it up, and impress your guests, with this delicious Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie recipe. It’s taking two awesome desserts and combining them into one mega pie. It’s the perfect way to end Thanksgiving, like a party in your mouth, and it’s so easy to make. You can’t go wrong with this dessert recipe.
Who knew that the ultimate dessert experience would mean combining two favorites? The best part is that you don’t even have to make your own pie crust. Keep it easy and simple, without sacrificing that true “wow” factor.
Looking for some more Thanksgiving dessert ideas to accompany this Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie recipe? Check out some of these other favorites:
Easy Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Thanksgiving is all about the food. For our family, it’s an excuse to indulge a little bit, while still enjoying time as a family. We have all of our relatives over to our house, which may sound like a lot, but we’re still considered a smaller family. The kids have a table and the adults have a table – then there’s the dessert table. I bake several delicious options for guests to pick from.
Over the years, I started to notice that nobody was eating the traditional pumpkin pie anymore. Everyone was opting for cakes or different pie flavors. That’s when I knew we had to mix it up! I think this Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie is the smashing dessert hit that our family needed for the holiday season.
How To Make This Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie Ahead Of Time
If you want to make this pie ahead of time, so you’re less stressed on Thanksgiving, you can certainly do so. After you bake the base layer of pumpkin and it’s cooled, you place the pie in the refrigerator. It can stay as long as you need to before baking the cinnamon roll top layer. That part needs to be done before serving, but only takes a few minutes to do so.
What To Serve This Pie With
I obviously love to have several dessert options on the Thanksgiving table. Along with the desserts, I serve some fresh whipped cream and ice cream. Homemade vanilla ice cream or cinnamon ice cream would pair nicely with the pie. A great dessert liqueur and a fresh pot of coffee are always welcomed with my desserts too. It helps to give everyone a second burst of energy after a heavy meal.
How To Store Leftover Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie
After you’re done serving the pie, you probably won’t have any leftovers because everyone loves it. If you do, then you can place plastic wrap over the top of the pie and store it in the refrigerator. It will last 5-7 days. Just nuke it in the microwave to re-heat and enjoy again.
What To Buy From The Store For This Recipe:
- Deep Store-Bought Pie Shell
- Can of Pumpkin Puree
- Evaporated Milk
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Refrigerated Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 9-in Deep Dish Pie (frozen section)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 - 15oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 C Evaporated Milk
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 - 12.4 oz Cans of Cinnamon Rolls (Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place the pie dish onto a cookie sheet.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the eggs until whisked. Whisk in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, salt and spices until combined. Pour pie mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350F and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until set around the edges and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature before placing into the fridge.
- With the oven still on at 350F degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the cinnamon rolls onto the cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown and allow to cool.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in half, removing the bottoms. Remove the pie from the fridge and place the cinnamon rolls into the
top of the pie. Serve with fresh whipped cream and enjoy!
- Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the pie and keep leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.