Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars
I crave sweets and I always bake something each week for the family. These Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars always hit the spot. They’re so easy to make and everyone loves them. I’ll bake a batch for a pot luck or serve them at summer BBQ’s. They’ve got a distinct chew texture with the crunch of walnut, plus the perfect amount of melted chocolate goodness!
Related: Peanut Butter and Jelly Pretzel Bars
What To Serve With These Bars
There’s nothing better than a chocolate chewy dessert with a cold glass of milk or ice cream. If you’re making a dessert tray or table, consider adding a couple of extra bar recipes to serve an assortment. You could always pair these with a lighter option as well since they tend to me on the heaver side.
Want to make the recipe before your event? You can freeze the dough for up to three months and bake whenever you have company coming!
If you have leftover Chewy Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars, store them in an air-tight container. They don’t have any preservatives in them, so they won’t last long. You can save them for about 6 days. The bars shouldn’t harden, but if they do, add a slice of white bread into the storage container. They’ll soften again!
How To Make Chew Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars
Preheat the oven to 375º. Cream the butter, adding in the sugars until well mixed.
Add the eggs and the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
Mix in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
Line in an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper. Spread out the batter and lightly press down.
Bake for 30 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and let cool before lifting the parchment paper from the pan. Slice the blondies once they’re completely cooled.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cream the butter, adding in the sugars, mixing well. Add in the eggs and the vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt. Add it into the wet ingredietns until well incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the walnuts
- Line and 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper. Spread out the batter and press down.
- Bake for 30 minuets until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before lifting the parchment paper. Slice the bars once cooled.
- Serve with ice cream or cold milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 3gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is calculated by a third party. Actual nutritional facts may vary.