Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and one that I don’t like to be lazy about. I always feel more energized and ready to start my day when I’ve enjoyed breakfast. The secret to a delicious weekday breakfasts are make-ahead breakfast casserole options. This Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bake is a family favorite. It’s slightly sweet and it’s topped with pecans for an added crunch. It’s so easy too!
Related: Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
We definitely enjoy oatmeal bakes all year long, but this casserole is particular favorite after a family day of blueberry picking. You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries. I prefer frozen since I’m always freezing what we don’t use from the farm.
There are so many health benefits surrounding oatmeal, but my favorite is the sustained energy it provides. I can enjoy this Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bake in the morning and it keeps me full until lunchtime.
If you prefer a non-dairy substitute, you can replace the regular milk. Almond, soy and oat milk are great substitute options to use in this recipe. Alternatively, you can replace the sugar as well. Use your favorite sugar substitute to help cut the added carbs.
I make this on Sundays and serve it throughout the week. The whole family loves it. I just reheat the casserole in the microwave. It’s like a warm oatmeal cookies with fruit and nut crunch.
How To Make This Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bake
Preheat the oven to 350º. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Add butter, milk, eggs and vanilla.
Stir in your blueberries and banana slices.
Pour mixture into a 3-quart oval baking dish and top with pecan pieces. Bake for 45 minutes or until it’s set. Cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Banana, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Pecan Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir in blueberries and banana.
- Pour mixture into 3-quart oval baking dish and top with pecans. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
- Substitute your favorite nondairy milk, like almond, sory or oat.
- You could use pecan halves instead on top of the oatmeal bake.
- Sugar substitutes can be used as well. Following substitute directions on the package. Or cut the amount of real sugar in half for less carbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 394mg Carbohydrates: 63g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g