I always need quick and easy breakfast options that provide my family nutrition on the go. These Banana and Berry Breakfast Cups are so moist with the banana baked in and slightly sweet with the touch of honey. Kids will love grabbing these on their way out the door to school. The recipe was created by Dole and inspired by ‘Mrs. Potts’ from “Beauty and The Beast”.
Dole has partnered with Disney to help parents encourage their families to make healthier eating choices. Families can now purchase DOLE Bananas, Pineapples, Salads and Vegetables adorned with characters from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” to create delicious, nutritious Dole recipes inspired by the Disney film- like this Spicy Banana and Shrimp Crepes Recipe.
These breakfast cups are an excellent addition to a Sunday meal prep program. Make a batch on the weekends and store in an air-tight container throughout the week. You can even change out the type of berry used depending on what is in season. It’s a versatile recipe. The breakfast cups will be fresh for five days and they are the perfect hand sized item to go.
Banana and Berry Breakfast Cups
- 3 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 DOLE® Bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup DOLE Blueberries, Blackberries and/or Raspberries
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- Preheatoven to 350°F
- Place cupcake foil liners in the cups of a regular size muffin tin, set aside.
- Tear bread slices into small pieces; set aside.
- Whisk almond milk with egg whites, honey and cinnamon; set aside.
- Fill prepared cups alternating bread, banana slices and berries.
- Pour in almond milk-egg white mixture.
- Sprinkle granola on top of mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until firm. Remove and serve at room temperature.
To celebrate the new live-action “Beauty and The Beast”, you can enter Dole and Disney’s: “There’s Beauty in Healthy Living” Sweepstakes (Ends April 16th, 2017). Participants can answer a character-inspired quiz for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) travel package to the Orlando, Florida, area for winner and up to three (3) guests with roundtrip airfare, 5-day/4-night stay at a resort hotel, four (4) days of theme park tickets and Four (4) days/nights of dining plans.
- Five (5) First Prizes: One (1) 13-piece Patina Vie Beauty and the Beast plate and glassware package and five (5) Dole fruit or vegetable coupons.
- Ten (10) Second Prizes: each winner to receive a $50 movie gift card.