Can you believe it’s already Labor Day weekend? Where did the summer go? While I’m all about Fall activities, this upcoming weekend is about soaking up the last bit of summer. The kids have a long weekend off from school, so it’s the perfect time to plan fun family outings. These 7 Things to Do in Atlanta on Labor Day Weekend are a great start to planning an awesome staycation.
7 Things To Do In Atlanta on Labor Day Weekend
- It’s been a long eight months without college football – but who’s counting? Celebrate the season’s opening this Saturday as the Auburn Tigers take on the Washington Huskies at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1, but there’s plenty to do around the city all weekend long.
- Need a break from the Atlanta heat? World of Coca-Cola is overflowing with refreshing moments and more than 100 drinks from around the world. If you’re thirsting for a deal, download the Coca-Cola App and scan 15 of your favorite Coca-Cola products to unlock one free general admission ticket to World of Coca-Cola. The offer runs through Oct. 9. Find out more here.
- Get in the team spirit with hundreds of fellow fans at Tailgate Town, a free, outdoor pre-game event at the Georgia World Congress Center with live entertainment, contests and other fun freebies from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Join thousands of sci-fi and fantasy fans at Atlanta’s largest parade: the annual Dragon Con Parade. Characters from your favorite movies, books and comics will begin marching down Peachtree Street at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- All weekend long, literature lovers can check out the largest independent book festival in the country. The AJC Decatur Book Festival features book signings, author readings, panel discussions, live music and more.
- Outdoor types won’t want to miss a visit to Stone Mountain Park, followed by the Lasershow Spectacular and a special fireworks display for Labor Day weekend.
- Head over to the world’s largest aquarium for an up-close look at marine life from dolphins to whale sharks. In honor of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, the Georgia Aquarium is offering 20 percent off general admission and animal encounters from Aug. 29-Sept. 5. Purchase tickets online here.